• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

🎨 Creative Quest databank

Lamellar

Validated User
I’m new to GMing and I often find myself lacking ideas for quests. Do you know of a book or a website that could help?

baakyocalder

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Also, there are many '101' books on drivethrurpg.com, the sponsor site. It's not hard to find RPG plot seeds, or short lists of ideas you can run with.

I would also suggest thinking beyond quests if you want more than one-off games. Books such as Engine Publishing's Odyssey: The Complete Gamemaster's Guide to Campaign Management, can help you think about the questions and steps necessary to keep enjoying RPGs over time.

And in Tabletop Roleplaying Open, well there are many list threads that can be of use. If you don't see any recent for the genre you want, you could start a new thread.

Megazver

Validated User
If you're new and you're struggling with writing stuff, I'd suggest starting off by picking some good adventure modules / a campaign module to run for a while. Reading modules other people wrote and then running them exposes you to their styles and builds literacy.

As for books that are collections of plot ideas, check out Eureka: 501 Adventure Plots to Inspire Game Masters.

Zeea

Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
There's a few sites that host user made adventures for various games, but you kinda have to do some digging. And most are for D&D.

Top Bottom