🎨 Creative Quotes you can build a character off of

Cerulean Lion

Social Justice Christian
Validated User
Said by a Deva judging a mortal's soul:

"I don't think my superiors would blink if I kicked your case over to the Neutral Good afterlife, but there's one factor preventing me.
"You're trying.
"You're trying to be lawful good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying even if they screw it up now and then. They figure that if they can't manage it perfectly every waking second, then they should just pick some other alignment because it'll be easier. But it's the struggle that matters. It's easy for a being of pure Law and Good to live up to these ideals but you're a mortal. What matters is that when you blow it, you get back up on the horse and try again."

Source

And I want to play characters who think like that.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Banned
Validated User
Said by a Deva judging a mortal's soul:

"I don't think my superiors would blink if I kicked your case over to the Neutral Good afterlife, but there's one factor preventing me.
"You're trying.
"You're trying to be lawful good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying even if they screw it up now and then. They figure that if they can't manage it perfectly every waking second, then they should just pick some other alignment because it'll be easier. But it's the struggle that matters. It's easy for a being of pure Law and Good to live up to these ideals but you're a mortal. What matters is that when you blow it, you get back up on the horse and try again."

Source

And I want to play characters who think like that.
It's great. Speaking of which, later in the Stormlight Archive...

“A journey will have pain and failure. It is not only the steps forward that we must accept. It is the stumbles. The trials. The knowledge that we will fail. That we will hurt those around us. But if we stop, if we accept the person we are when we fail, the journey ends. That failure becomes our destination.”

MoonHunter

Game Guru-Thread Shepherd
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Guilt is for insecure people.

I never look back. It distracts from The Now.

You didn't stop to think did you? No, you assumed. Now we are in the situation we are in.

Nobody bothers to think about other people's goals or plans. Then they happen and everyone is all surprised!

Last edited:

MoonHunter

RPGnet Member
Validated User
“You know you are truly alive when you’re living among dragons.”

“Every man’s life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.” -Ernest Hemingway

“A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.”

“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.”

‘It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.”

“Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.”

“You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”

“Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” (See, I play transdimensional and time travel games... so I see this in an entirely different context)

“Not all girls are made of sugar and spice, and everything nice. Some girls are made of adventure, fine beer, brains and no fear.“

“There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.”

"Stay low, move fast,
Kill first, die last,
One shot, one kill
No luck, pure skill.

Bliss Authority

Post-Apoc Magical Girl
Validated User
"Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright? None I say! Let us take what is ours, chew and eat our fill. "
- CEO Nwabudike Morgan, The Ethics of Greed

MoonHunter

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Adventure is allowing the unexpected to happen to you.
– Richard Aldington

I think I am quite ready for another adventure

… and then I realized, adventure is the best way to learn.

As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was about to happen.

LuciusAlexander

PalindromedaryRider
Validated User
"Forget about faith! You didn't need faith to fly, you needed to understand flying!"
Jonathan Livingstone Seagull

Lucius Alexander

Forget about faith! You don't need faith to ride a palindromedary, you need a palindromedary!

MoonHunter

RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Sure, I never do much. I sneak around the outskirts. I watch the building from afar. I am the guy in the air vents. You never seem to need me. However, when you get captured, trapped, or the bad guys are about to win, that is when I am there to sweep down and break you out, rescue you, and snipe the bad guy dead and arrange the nuke missile to go into space. I am The Backup Plan when it all goes to heck. Just forget I am here and operate accordingly."

There are some fun game rule quotes in this old thread here . Check them out, they are fun.

Top Bottom