Today, I hang myself
from a greased flagpole
outside your picture window.
Yesterday, I stole your curtains.

MoonHunter

Game Guru-Thread Shepherd
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Exasperated other player: This is a disaster!
My character: Dragon Pox (insert awful disease or biohazard) are a disaster. This is just an inconvenience.

NoOneImportant

Validated User
"You don't have to be afraid of the dark if you become the thing that dwells in the darkness."

"Every year or so someone digs up bones in a basement in Fell's Point. It usually turns out to be some poor sailor who got a night's leave off some nineteenth century schooner docked in the harbor. The sailor came into town for a drink or some poker, got rolled for his pay, got stuffed in the basement. Meanwhile, up in Maine or England or even China, some young bride walked the shore, peering out into the sea, waiting her whole life for him to return."

"I'm saying you got a darkness, you, Tim Bayliss, you got a darkness inside of you. You gotta know the darker, uglier sides of yourself. You gotta recognize them, so that they're not constantly sneaking up on you. You gotta LOVE 'EM, 'cause they're part of you, because along with your virtues, they make you who you are. Virtue isn't virtue unless it slams up against vice. So consequently, your virtue's not real virtue. Until it's been tested. . . tempted."

All from various episodes of Homicide: Life on the Street

MoonHunter

RPGnet Member
Validated User
"You lost today today, Kid. That does not mean you have to like it. Get better, maybe next time you won't.*"

*implied paraphrasing This phrase is the key origin point for any number of adventurers. Not just those with a Hat and Whip.

MoonHunter

RPGnet Member
Validated User
This quote is long, but the punchline needs to be set up..

Character: Kill Me
Bad guy: Why?
C: If you intend any harm to this planet or its people, then killing me is by far your best move.
BG: You invite your own death?
C: I just want you to attack first, then my conscience is clear.
BG: Of what?
C: Of you.

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
Rather than just quoting one character, this time a few quotes from Blake's Seven that sound far too much like PCs in play...

Cally: "They're taking too long."
Avon: "That's the trouble with heroics, they seldom run to schedule."
Jenna: "They'll find it. There's not going to be a sign up there saying 'This way to the cipher room'..."

Avon: [Over communicator] "Are you Awake?"
Vila: "No."
Avon: "That's what I thought. It's very quiet here. If it should get noisy, I'll be in touch."

Jenna: "Where are you going?"
Cally: "I'm going to clear the neutron blasters for firing."
Jenna: "Well, what are you going to fire at?"
Cally: "Anything that moves."

Vila: "Avon, this is stupid!"
Avon: "When did that ever stop us?"

And one from the opposition in the same vein...

Travis: "They'll dig us out eventually."
Servalan: "Oh yes. They'll dig us out eventually. And then I'll bury you."

Top Bottom