Radiance RPG Adventure now available!

AncientSpirits

Validated User
(I can't find the Radiance RPG thread so here's a new one.)
Behold!
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/261848/Butcher-of-Braggarton-A-MidLevel-Adventure

192 pages of awesome Radiance d20 gaming goodness!
Can't wait to get my grubby little paws on this after the holidays!
Thanks for posting!
Getting this large puppy out the door took a few extra whiles. ;-)

For those who are wondering:

<< FROM THE BACK COVER >>
Beyond the safe glow of city lights, an ambitious occultist is making monsters and stirring up mayhem. Can heroes locate and defeat this crafty menace before he takes his next victims in service of a hideous plan?

Includes two-dozen fleshed out encounter locations and special events that provide hours of intrigue and mayhem.

This alternate version of the early 20th century sports technology, magic, and the potential for romance. Player characters have access to firearms, radio backpacks, electric carriages, and crime-fighting machines. They may face down an undead ooze, shape-changing spider gang, dirigible of death, and a Frankenstein demon, among other challenges. Aristocrats, constables, courtesans, miners, engineers, vigilantes, and other urban denizens give color as allies or obstacles along the way.
Features pact magic, the summoning of ancient broken spirits of yore.

The adventure is organized as discrete chapters. Each chapter covers a location, person or situation of great interest. A chapter format is ideal for Game Masters to easily find and reference what they need, and no more, at each point in the adventure. The format is also fun for casual reading.

You can easily adapt this adventure for various popular tabletop role-playing games. Its easiest use is for Radiance RPG and requires the Radiance Players Guide (available as a free download at this store) and the Radiance Masters Guide. Other books such as Radiance Expansion Kit and Radiance Pact Magic are suggested.
<< >>

Happy to answer any and all questions.

theCimmerian

Validated User
How gritty, gruesome, and sexually explicit are the text descriptions and the artwork? My youngest is eight. I don't isolate my kids from sex and gore because they can find it on the 'net whether I like it or not. But I'd like to know what to expect, just in case.

(I know this is off topic, I hope nobody minds.) Before we were parents, my wife and I swore to ourselves we would be more open with our kids about sex and nudity and less accepting of depictions of violence and gore. But here I am, more comfortable with my kids watching Die Hard or Predator than Not Another Teen Movie or Beerfest.

AncientSpirits

Validated User
How gritty, gruesome, and sexually explicit are the text descriptions and the artwork? My youngest is eight. I don't isolate my kids from sex and gore because they can find it on the 'net whether I like it or not. But I'd like to know what to expect, just in case.

(I know this is off topic, I hope nobody minds.) Before we were parents, my wife and I swore to ourselves we would be more open with our kids about sex and nudity and less accepting of depictions of violence and gore. But here I am, more comfortable with my kids watching Die Hard or Predator than Not Another Teen Movie or Beerfest.
The adventure is PG-13.

I wouldn't put sex or excessive gore into a game book like this, no worries. The PCs may interview two courtesans among murder witnesses and a couple of the NPCs may have a romantic interest in a PC. The descriptions of scenes are relatively tame in my opinion. The example below is the goriest it gets and may help you decide appropriateness.

As the PCs come to the murder scene of Sir Zeryn SanDahl (CN male human gallant) in Drum Town, read the following:

The light of the evening lanterns glistens on a slowly growing pool of dark liquid at the edge of the street, fed by a small but constant stream. Unable to stop yourself you let your eyes follow the flow to its source. At first, you can see little more than a shape in the shadows, a formless mass amidst the darkness.

As you approach, caution slows your every step, and the light slowly shifts, and the shadow before you coalesces into the form of a body lying face down in the dirt of the alleyway. The reality of the scene before you sends a shiver down your spine.

In the dust, before you lies a blood-soaked corpse. Your gaze drifts to its feet, clad in high boots crafted of the finest polished leather with silver buckles that shimmer in the lantern light. As your eyes wander you notice the fine silks adorning the body. Even the untrained eye can see the wealth invested in the rich blue garments that clothe the man’s legs and torso.

It is then that you notice the collar of the fine shirt is stained in the same dark liquid that led you here; a substance that you can only assume is blood. But nothing in the gruesome scene prepares you for the vision that assaults your eyes. The head of the form is naught but muscle and bone and blood pours from almost every inch of the hairless, skinless head atop the corpse’s shoulders.

If any PCs search the body, they discover that his boot buckles are both pure silver (10 gp each), and still attached to his belt is a money purse containing 36 gold pieces.

Tango Samurai

Dance Warrior
Validated User
That quote from the adventure is classic and priceless.
4 descriptive paragraphs followed by a "Loot the Body" treasure list.
Yep, that's some d20 gaming goodness right there, yessiriebob!

Top Bottom