• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent non-indie/semi-indie horror games - any good?

Solarn

Validated User
So there was supposed to be a bunch of horror games with a bigger budget and scope than the usual indie stuff released or in open beta/early access in the past few months, but I haven't heard much about them and all the usual suspects on Youtube seem to be ignoring them. Even IGP, who's the undisputed king of horror/survival clickbait didn't have any recent videos up about them the last time I checked. So I turn to VGO for advice. Fade to Silence, Desolate, Agony, Scorn... are any of them any good?

Calliope

Super Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
My understanding is that Agony is...atmospheric, maybe, but flawed.

bv728

Was he a violent man?
Validated User
Agony is a misogynistic mess of a game - it's mostly boring, and never really horrific, but the things it does decide to do mean it's a bad option for YouTube. Scorn is still a good four months out, so we're not seeing much on it yet. Fade to Silence hit early access almost 6 months ago, it got some coverage then but likely won't get much more until it launches or drops a huge patch. Similarly, Desolate is also Early Access - IGP covered it 3 months ago, so it's likely not going to see another batch of content unless they drop a big patch or launch.

Solarn

Validated User
Agony is a misogynistic mess of a game - it's mostly boring, and never really horrific, but the things it does decide to do mean it's a bad option for YouTube.
That's upsetting. It looked like it had so much promise.

Scorn is still a good four months out, so we're not seeing much on it yet.
I could have sworn it was also slated for early 2018.

Fade to Silence hit early access almost 6 months ago, it got some coverage then but likely won't get much more until it launches or drops a huge patch.
I honestly haven't seen anything about it at all.

Similarly, Desolate is also Early Access - IGP covered it 3 months ago, so it's likely not going to see another batch of content unless they drop a big patch or launch.
Yeah, I know a bunch of people covered it when it came to Early Access, but I'm sure there must have been new content added since then.

Last edited:

Solarn

Validated User
Oh, that's just fucking gross. I'm kind of really mad at the developers now, they ruined what should have been an awesome horror game because they couldn't keep their fucking male supremacist garbage out of a game that should have had nothing to do with gender relations at all. Like, I'm actually having trouble not launching into a stream of epithets at these bastards. They took away what should have been my favourite game of 2018 and made it awful. How dare they?

Last edited:
Top Bottom