Recommend me some paints, Citadel Paints in particular

Rolzup

Dinoczar
Validated User
I got a few GW paints -- I still automatically write that as "Citadel", dammit -- and I've been fairly well pleased with them. Except for the damned bottles, which just plain SUCK. Still trying to figure out how to use Typhus Corruption properly; seems to need a lot of thinning before using it.

jcfiala

Code Monkey
Validated User
I got a few GW paints -- I still automatically write that as "Citadel", dammit -- and I've been fairly well pleased with them. Except for the damned bottles, which just plain SUCK. Still trying to figure out how to use Typhus Corruption properly; seems to need a lot of thinning before using it.
There's a kickstarter going on right now providing supplies for re-bottling paints.

Ascanius

Use the singular they!
Validated User
Still trying to figure out how to use Typhus Corruption properly; seems to need a lot of thinning before using it.
No way, no way! It's supposed to be a loose suspension. It's more like the shade equivalent of a texture paint. The little lumps are part of the point.

Charbok

Ostentatious Misanthrope
Validated User
I'm not thrilled with Typhus Corrosion, either. It's meant to be part of a one-two punch with Ryza Rust, but I've never cared over much for how they look. A similar product to it is VGC Smokey Ink, and I vastly prefer it. Still have to thin it, though. For rust, I use VGC Smokey Ink and P3 Bloodstone mixed together and thinned to hell and gone. Much better results and easier to control.

Leadbelcher is a fine darker silver metallic, and I use it and P3 Pig Iron nearly interchangeably. I miss Boltgun and Tin Bitz, but the replacements are ok.

Unlike Typhus Corrosion and Ryza Rust, Nihilakh Oxide is freaking outstanding for making corroded Bronze. I like giving it a wash of the camo wash to bring back any shading that the Nihilakh Oxide blows out.

Also, I'm a huge fan of the Paint Rack App. It tracks your paint collection, you can scan the barcodes on the pots or look up the colors to add them in. It also lets you save paint schemes. It's got tons of major paint lines, even some defunct and discontinued ones to help paint match and substitute.

enoto

E, not O.
Validated User
Also, I'm a huge fan of the Paint Rack App. It tracks your paint collection, you can scan the barcodes on the pots or look up the colors to add them in. It also lets you save paint schemes. It's got tons of major paint lines, even some defunct and discontinued ones to help paint match and substitute.
Sounds cool, could you post a link? (For every app it seems like there’s three-four scammy ripoffs, so I’d like to make sure I’m looking at the right one.)

Top Bottom