Recommend some good, kid-friendly, female-empowering superhero comics

Andrew Sheeler

Crime Fighter
Validated User
Thread title says it all. My 9-year-old's hooked on Ms Marvel and Gotham Academy. What are some other good titles to get her hooked on? :)

Hodden

The Great
Validated User
I've not read them, but have heard good things about Bendis and Oemig's Takio books, sisters become the worlds first superheroes.

BcAugust54

Validated User
PS238. Superhero world elementary school kids. The teachers are a former superhero team, including two very strong woman role models, and the kids themselves are pretty diverse.

Plus, it's just a great comic.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Thread title says it all. My 9-year-old's hooked on Ms Marvel and Gotham Academy. What are some other good titles to get her hooked on? :)
I have heard good things about 'Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade' by Landry Q Walke. I haven't read it myself, but it's meant for kids.

Would she be up for SF or fantasy of similar themes?

Cleopatra in Space is about a young Cleopatra who gets zapped to the future and goes through school to becomes an adventurer.

Amulet is about a girl who finds a magic amulet that grants her powers and, along with her brother, gets taken to a fantasy realm where she needs to rescue her parents and, eventually, gets swept up into a wider conflict with the evil elf empire. A much bigger story (it's an arc that goes through multiple volumes) but quite good.

Last edited:

Yo! Master

"Delicious"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Does Bandette count as superhero?

There is also Princeless:

EDIT: Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade is, indeed, fantastic.

Last edited:

KaijuGooGoo

Not Woke until I’ve had my Coffee
RPGnet Member
Validated User
You might look at "Stars and STRIPE". She also shows up in Justice League Unlimited, as a gateway to other characters.

Khyron

Pope Orion Orangutan Omnibenevolence Kosmos, Yes
Validated User
Does it have to currently be in new issues?

'Cause Amethyst Princess of Gem World pretty much fits the bill and relatively recently got reprinted in one of DC's Showcase Presents books.

Top Bottom