• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Recruinterest. Changeling, Chicago]

HardKore Keltoid

RAW Cultist
Validated User
Third time's a charm, as they say. Wyrd willing, I'll be running a Changeling game in the NWoD's Chicago. A little less crossover-tastic than the book would have you believe, but mostly by the book, with a hefty dose of fey flavor. Hobgoblin labor unions in the local hedge, secret rooms set aside from prohibition now used to store the Winter Court's treasures, and old Victorian-style houses that aren't quite so ruined on the inside, if you know how to knock. It's as much the archetypal, Hollywood-Atlas Chicago as the one on the map.

We'll be using XP-scale chargen. 346 XP, with a minimum of 120 on attributes, 70 on skills, 10 on merits. You still get three specialties and five contracts for free.

The local freehold is Aerienne's Gather, it uses the seasonal courts, but rumors persist that the Directional ones have roots in one Chinatown or the other. It's the first of October, so we'll probably be kicking off with the Autumn Coronation, where you can all get a good look at the political clusterfuck situation around here.

I've got a loose plot sketched out - enough room to run off and make your own way, but enough structure to provide goals when you don't feel like inserting your own.

You're an experienced Motley, so feel free to write yourselves into any court position your Mantles can support. Only the kings and queens are truly set in stone.

I've carefully stacked all these dominoes for a month now, you know what to do.

Last edited:

Chaomancer

CotTS High Magician
Validated User
Definitely interested! It's been a while since I played any Changeling, but I love it.

Does it hurt if I've got no idea about the Chicago nWoD setting?

ScottL

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Always interested in Changeling!

I echo Chaomancer's question. Which is to say, I have several CtL books, but I don't recall any of them mentioning Chicago specifically.

HardKore Keltoid

RAW Cultist
Validated User
Chicago is mentioned in Changeling a few times, actually, just very briefly. NWoD: Chicago focuses on Vampires, Werewolves and Mages, so you're not missing any critical canon, mostly 'cause there isn't any.

The NWoD's Chicago is essentially the one on the map, given the Sin City treatment - where the south side is a wretched hive of scum and villainy (mostly), the university is a No Fun Zone devoted to science, some of it mad, and all the urban legends are true. Especially the ones about abandoned subway stations.

The short answer is no, you don't need to have read the book. I can fill you in on the Changeling stuff that's public knowledge in the Freehold, if you like.

wormmonda

#TwitterIsTransphobic
Banned
Validated User
I'd be interesting as well, as another player who don't know about the nWoD Chicago. :p

Pureluck

Lucky Charm
Validated User
I'm going to throw my hat in here as well. Always up for a good bit of C:tL. Any restrictions on Entitlements?

HardKore Keltoid

RAW Cultist
Validated User
Six players? I'd be more at home with five. Submit concepts and we'll see who fits together best, I s'pose. Anyone left out can stay on in reserve, since PbP has such an attrition rate.

The rules on entitlements are "run it by me first". I'll probably say yes, but when a player asks "any restrictions on X?" I've grown to read it as "I plan to do something horribly broken with X."

All in the reflexes, mind, not a slight against your intentions.

Concepts, pitch them.

Markov

The Fabulous King
Validated User
Feel free to double check the numbers, but I think they all work out. Background story to be fleshed out later.

Spoiler: Show

Name: Antoine Renard
Seeming: Beast
Kith: Coyote/Runnerswift
Court: Spring
Virtue: Hope
Vice: Greed
Wyrd: 1
Clarity: 5 (-10XP)
Willpower: 5
Glamour: 5/10

Speed: 12