• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Recruitment] AD&D 2E - Onto Glory! [Recruitment Full/Closed]

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Merwin is mostly up on the wiki. Had a very long day; will get him finished tomorrow. I still need to pick NWPs and finalize gear, but this should be enough to get started.

Also, I wanted to make sure I've got this right:

- Lastly, this isn't really a house rule but I've had it pop up in my games in the past. Wizards need approximately 10 minutes per spell level to memorize a spell. Unlike later editions of D&D, you are not required to rest to regain spells. If the party is ok with stopping briefly while you are on the road so you can commit new spells to memory that is perfectly ok.
Does this mean that, as long as the party takes sufficient time between encounters, Merwin will never run out of spells? I.e, at first level I have two spells, (one of which must be Conjuration/Summoning). There's a fight, Merwin casts both spells. Everyone hangs out for 20 minutes while Merwin reads, Merwin once again has two spells ready to cast (and not necessarily the same ones as before).

Am I understanding this correctly?

OMG

Meat Popsicle
Validated User
Merwin is mostly up on the wiki. Had a very long day; will get him finished tomorrow. I still need to pick NWPs and finalize gear, but this should be enough to get started.

Also, I wanted to make sure I've got this right:

Does this mean that, as long as the party takes sufficient time between encounters, Merwin will never run out of spells? I.e, at first level I have two spells, (one of which must be Conjuration/Summoning). There's a fight, Merwin casts both spells. Everyone hangs out for 20 minutes while Merwin reads, Merwin once again has two spells ready to cast (and not necessarily the same ones as before).

Am I understanding this correctly?
Correct. It's a handy rule and it's actually in the PHB but it's burried deep in the middle of a huge wall of text.

It's not that OP though considering that once you get to higher levels you would need to stop for like 6 hours to regain all your spells and there is a good chance you'll get a random encounter after that much time.

Later editions they changed it to having to rest but it only takes 30 mins to rememorize your spells. It's kind of a trade off where in later editions it's better at higher levels.

I am not sure how to do that with Point Buy, but that is a good point. Thanks for bringing that up.
Fighters always get a d% on Strength when you have 18 so roll away :)

Jeremy Kopczynski

Validated User
Correct. It's a handy rule and it's actually in the PHB but it's burried deep in the middle of a huge wall of text.

It's not that OP though considering that once you get to higher levels you would need to stop for like 6 hours to regain all your spells and there is a good chance you'll get a random encounter after that much time.

Later editions they changed it to having to rest but it only takes 30 mins to rememorize your spells. It's kind of a trade off where in later editions it's better at higher levels.

Fighters always get a d% on Strength when you have 18 so roll away :)
Whoo-hoo! I Here is my roll: exceptional strength: 1d00 0. I swear I only rolled once. Adjusting sheet now.

Stormraven

Mystical Atheist
Validated User
Heather's up. Still needs fine-tuning, such as her languages and some class and race stuff to make it easier to reference, but she's there.

Top Bottom