• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Recruitment] Blood and Bone - Agents of the Black King

Tancred

All over the shop
Validated User
Recruitment thread that's spawned out of an interest/looking for GM thread here for Arcana Games' Blood and Bone RPG.

Blood and Bone is a human-centric, low magic, gritty setting coupled with a fairly simple d20-based system. The known world is Ossura, peopled by six main nations with a scattering of smaller peoples. The tone is aligned with Game of Thrones or Joe Abercrombie's First Law books, but is its own thing. Instead of magic there is the Blood, a supernatural power held by some and associated with lifeforce - abilities include healing, raising the dead, changing your physical properties and withering damage. Undead form a recurring part of the setting, with some nations using reanimated Thralls or Risen as slave, soldiers or servants and others shunning them, at least in part.

There's three of us signed up at the moment, me as GM along with Fred Fred and V Valmark as players. Only I have the rules at the moment, but character creation details are largely in the linked to interest thread and the system is simple enough you need not have played it before. Part of the purpose is to try out the system and setting.

We're looking for between one and three more players to join in a game, with posting frequency daily or every second day and the premise is a group of troubleshooters and agents employed indirectly by the Emperor of Tarn, the Black King. Tarn as a nation embraces the Risen more than any other, undead forming an essential part of society as cheap labour and warriors, and with the Blooded as an elite ruling class and priesthood. It's also on the cusp of war with its neighbour Caros, whom it used to rule before the Tarnish empire fell into civil war and decline. There's more info on the setting and Tarn in particular in the interest thread.

The style of game will be action and intrigue through a low-magic, low-fantasy filter.

The two characters so far are:

• Caraíbos, an Amari bard from Caros in the south-east of Tarn (played by Fred)
  • Talindir, a Tarnish Blooded noble (played by Valmark)

If you're interested in giving the setting and system a spin, jump into the thread!

Tancred

All over the shop
Validated User
Awesome! Any thoughts on characters you'd each like to play? There's a fair bit of general world info on the other thread linked to above, and the concept works for pretty much any of the peoples of Ossura, as they could be agents-for-hire and the like paid by Tarn.

I'll send you both a link to a google drive folder which includes info on Traits, which is the only really part that's hard to explain via posts, a character sheet listing all Skills except for Athletics (which sits under Strength or Dexterity, like the Fighting skill) and a map of the world.

lordtaco777

Validated User
What I´ve come up with is a Noble of house frost who is not blooded. I´m working on the character now and will have his stats in a bit.

lordtaco777

Validated User
Name: Morris Frost

Strength 3
Dexterity 1
Mind 1
Presence 0

World Belief
blooded and non-blooded need to be more equal so I wont let any blooded look down on me.

Other Belief
tbd

Self Belief
Lord Frost won´t choose me as his successor but I´m the only one who can properly lead the house so I will do whatever it takes to gain power.

Complication
temperamental

Skills:
Str/Dex:

Fighting 3
Athletics 1

Dex:
Thievery
Stealth
Archery

Mind:
Learned
Survival 1
Perception 1
Apothecary

Presence:
Intimidation
Performance
Manipulation
Insight

Mind/Presence:
Blood

Traits:
Deadly
( Evasion becomes 10+ fighting skill ranks when wielding a only a single one handed weapon, you may also use a shield and retain this bonus; +3 chance of Major wounds with one handed weapons, dual wielding or wearing a shield reduces this bonus by 1)

Iron clad ( Armor requires 1 less strength. You may forgo this benefit to have all armor grant +1 armor; Armors dexterity limit is increased by 1. You may forgo this benefit for all armor to grant +1 armor)

Defender ( Shields grant +1 armor; Reaction: if you do not move this turn, you may use a heavy shield to grant you cover for the round, imposing disadvantage on Archery or Blood skill checks made against you)

lordtaco777

Validated User
I didn´t find any equipment options so I still need help with that. I will be using a one handed weapon, a heavy shield, and whatever armor nets me the biggest armor bonus without giving me a penalty.

Keal

Drifting in the abstract
Validated User
I’ll have to read over everything on an actual computer, not my phone. I’ll have greater flexibility tomorrow (Monday) if that’s okay.

Fred

Surely you jest, Mr Fred
RPGnet Member
Validated User
World Belief
blooded and non-blooded need to be more equal so I wont let any blooded look down on me.
This isn't a complaint, just an observation. Valmark's character is Blooded and arrogant, so I'm seeing a potential for drama with your character. Tancred may need to clear that up with you two.

lordtaco777

Validated User
This isn't a complaint, just an observation. Valmark's character is Blooded and arrogant, so I'm seeing a potential for drama with your character. Tancred may need to clear that up with you two.
Yeah I figured that it would be ok as long as the conflict didn´t get too out of hand.

Top Bottom