• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Recruitment] City of Necromancers: 4e Paragon Planar game (using PbtA oldschool emulator)

hippokrene

Validated User
Atlictoatl Atlictoatl

If you're still interested, 'Raheshi Demonslayer' sounds appealing.

You possess an Item of Power that supports you in your primary occupation. Give it a Name of Power. Very roughly, how does it enhance your work? We'll work out it's narrative powers together. Tell the story of how it came to you in one sentence, using Names and Places.
I made a bargain with night hag in the desolate swamps of Attigor; I slayed a monster who had spurred her affection and in exchange she gave me its eye. Literally. It sits in my left socket now and with it I can tell the nature of a being with a glance.

(Basically an aura sight to see if something is mortal, fey, undead, demonic, etc.)

Atlictoatl

Powered by the Apocryphal
Validated User
Atlictoatl Atlictoatl

If you're still interested, 'Raheshi Demonslayer' sounds appealing.
Aye, you're still welcome to join the game. I'd appreciate a short discussion about your expectations for participation. I have permission for unexpected absences of indeterminate length, knowing that you're working through some stuff. I've also got a situation in my other game where people have had to leave and the stable of NPCs I'm sort of keeping in the game has grown larger than I really want, so I'm a touch sensitive to maintaining unattended PCs over stretches of time.

If you suspect that your participation might fluctuate in intensity, I wonder if there's any merit in setting your character up as someone who could come and go, and whose absence wouldn't disrupt the narrative.

Curious as to your thoughts.

I made a bargain with night hag in the desolate swamps of Attigor; I slayed a monster who had spurred her affection and in exchange she gave me its eye. Literally. It sits in my left socket now and with it I can tell the nature of a being with a glance.

(Basically an aura sight to see if something is mortal, fey, undead, demonic, etc.)
My only concern with this item is that it's quite similar to a much more minor rolled magic item that another PC ended up with. I'd want to make sure that these Items of Power are much more significant than that a rolled Wondrous Item.

The first thought that comes to mind when I consider the discernment angle and the fact that it's a Night Hag granting it is that the item might confer "knowledge of one secret fact about a living subject that the eye regards", though I'm again curious as to any thoughts you have on the subject.

You each possess a random Wondrous Item, an Equipment Item, and a Consumable. If there's a story for any of them, tell it in one sentence using Names and Places.
  • Lysus:
    • Lens of Discernment (identify the apparent race or species of a person or creature you look at through the lens)

Top Bottom