• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Recruitment][D&D 5e] Planescape Game [FULL]

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
"The dark of it is, out on the edges, the Fey and the Fel are bleeding into the Prime. Ain’t such a thing been seen since before there were Tieflings, but there’s those caught up as are Primes, but they ain’t Primes, but afore the Bleed, they ain’t know they ain’t Primes. Now that the dark of that is light, what will they do?

"That’s the chant, anyhow. No skin off a Modron. I’m just here to shake hands with the Berk that’ll lay jink on when these Prime-not-Primes stumble into the Birdcage. Will they be cutter or coney when they cross that portal? Will they give ‘em the laugh? Or will they stagger the blinds for the rest of time?"

The Pitch
You are a Borderlander, a Planar raised as a Prime on the Prime Material Plane. You have no idea about your heritage or the things that wait beyond what you know to be the 'real' world. But all that is about to change.

Oh you've heard of the planes. You've heard of the Astral and the Ethereal. You know the Feywild and the Shadowfel are intrinsically intertwined with the edges of the Prime and that the Elemental and Quasi-Elemental planes in turn intertwine with those.

It's all crap for high level wizards and the like. Nothing that encroaches on you here and now. Except it is encroaching. Whole swaths of the Feywild and Shadowfel are intersecting the Prime Material plane and manifesting their own realities atop the reality that's 'meant' to be there.

And you are beginning to awaken to what you are.

You pass a doorway you've passed a thousand times, but this time you see a world of water on the other side. If you walked through that door, you would be in the local seamstress' front room. But what if you walked through it with a seashell in your pocket?

Windows. Doorways. Pot holes. The open rim of your drinking horn. Portals, you are finding, can appear anywhere. Some, like the seamstress' appear and stay. Others come and go at random. The world is changing, and for some reason, you can see into the mechanism of that change . . .

The Nitty Gritty
I want to run a Planescape game in 5e for 3-5 players. Characters will start at L3 and play will start on the Prime Material Plane (generic homebrew setting, not a specific published setting) dealing with the fact that the inner planes are physically invading portions of their world. As they discover what they are and investigate what is going on, the adventure will move out into the actual Planes, etc.

I like a daily posting rate throughout the week with slower posting on weekends and holidays for most of my games, and if we can maintain that, great, but for the crunch level of the game, 4 posts a week might be more reasonable.

Initiative will be a thing, but post as you can and we'll sort out who went when in the resolution posts.

You don't need to be a 5e expert, but I am looking for players with a willingness to engage with the system.

Talisman Talisman and Muskrat Muskrat have right of first refusal on spots if they want them, based on specific interest feedback in the Meta Games thread. Otherwise, this will essentially be a first come first served recruitment. As always, I reserve the right to turn away players or characters I think might not be a good fit for the game.

ETA - GAME FULL.
[happy to start a waiting list if anyone wants on]

Setting and Faction information will go up as they become relevant in-game, but here's a link to the WIKI if anyone wants to poke around at what's there now.

Last edited:

Argaen

Software wizard
Validated User
I'm interested. My experience with 5e so far is mostly Adventurers League and a play by post game in dndbeyond.
I would like to play a druid, given the setting it seems to me that they would be noticing the interactions of the other planes with the natural balance of their land.
Should I submit a complete character concept? Is there any preferred generation method for ability scores?

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
I'm interested. My experience with 5e so far is mostly Adventurers League and a play by post game in dndbeyond.
I would like to play a druid, given the setting it seems to me that they would be noticing the interactions of the other planes with the natural balance of their land.
Should I submit a complete character concept? Is there any preferred generation method for ability scores?
You don't need to work up a whole character sheet yet, but you can if you want to. Chargen is mostly rules-as-written, but where it differs is detailed on THIS PAGE of the wiki.

Argaen

Software wizard
Validated User
You don't need to work up a whole character sheet yet, but you can if you want to. Chargen is mostly rules-as-written, but where it differs is detailed on THIS PAGE of the wiki.
Thanks, I somehow missed the link to the wiki when I read the original post.

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Still interested, including in playing my good-aligned gnoll cleric. It would be interesting if she was of demonic origin (given that gnolls are demon-worshippers) but is dedicated to promoting good.

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Interested! And I think I know what character I want to play. Let me dig around hit you with a character pitch once I see what race/class combo best does what I have in mind.

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
So interested
Sounds good. The Character page on the wiki goes over options, but if you have something specific in mind. let me know.
Still interested, including in playing my good-aligned gnoll cleric. It would be interesting if she was of demonic origin (given that gnolls are demon-worshippers) but is dedicated to promoting good.
Sounds fun.
Interested! And I think I know what character I want to play. Let me dig around hit you with a character pitch once I see what race/class combo best does what I have in mind.
(y)

OK - We have room for one more player . . .

NikoCarcosa

Validated User
Dwarf born in the Beastlands, fostered by a nomad barbarian clan on the prime material. Follows the Path of the Totem Warrior (either Bear or Eagle).

Was thinking of a Rune Walker from the Svilland setting, but figured I'd stay basic.

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
Dwarf born in the Beastlands, fostered by a nomad barbarian clan on the prime material. Follows the Path of the Totem Warrior (either Bear or Eagle).

Was thinking of a Rune Walker from the Svilland setting, but figured I'd stay basic.
Awesome!

Top Bottom