• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Recruitment][D&D 5e] Planescape Game [FULL]

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Do you have a tentative ETA on your character? It's fine if you still need time, just trying to get a feel for how to frame things IC.
I should be able to use the upcoming long weekend to finish my character.

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well, Monday will be part of the long weekend for me and most likely a day I work on the character--so maybe start Tuesday?

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
Well, Monday will be part of the long weekend for me and most likely a day I work on the character--so maybe start Tuesday?
(y) Edited the above post.

In retrospect, Tuesday works better for me too, since Monday is the last grilling holiday of the Summer and I work for a Butcher.

thirdkingdom

RPGnet Member
Validated User
FWIW, the Heirloom thing isn't a 5e thing, it's just something I've been doing in my games since forever now. Foci in 5e don't really have mechanical weight, but as an Heirloom item, it absolutely could.

Perhaps for the +1 feature your Spell Save DC/Spell Attack Modifier is +1 for any spell you can cast using the Foci (so it would work on pretty much all spells with material or somatic components) then for any spell that could be considered Shadow Magic, you'd get + your proficiency bonus as the same sort of modifier. For our purposes, I'd be willing to call pretty much any Necromancy or Illusion spell 'Shadow Magic' and would be willing to look at specific spells from other schools that you think might fit on a case by case basis.

That's just one direction you might go with it. I'm happy to entertain other approaches.
I've updated Garu Lin, and am ready to go. I went with your suggestion, above.

Top Bottom