• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Recruitment][D&D 5e] Planescape Game [FULL]

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yes, she died a martyr, burned at the stake or however people in your world punish blasphemy.

Argaen

Software wizard
Validated User
Argaen Argaen Folgun and Siggurd from the same tribe?
That sounds really cool. I was thinking for Folgun to live somehow separated from most of his people, focusing on druid stuff, but a bear totem barbarian sounds like a plausible ally on some previous adventuring :)

As for background, Folgun followed the call of the mountain and became a druid. He is uncomfortable around mechanized machinery and prefers the comfort of a cave, he fights to preserve the balance of nature. During his druidic training he met an elvish hermit who acted as a mentor, teaching him the basics of the elvish language and the hidden druidic language. His mentor noticed that Folgun always carried his family battleaxe with him and resharpened it (converting it into a heirloom item, I'm not sure against what apply the specific proficiency bonus)

NikoCarcosa

Validated User
I diggit. Any thoughts on which plane Folgun originated? Like I said originally, Siggurd was born in the Beastlands, but was fostered at young enough an age that he doesn't remember it at all. His foster parents were scions of two metal-smithing dynasties. Siggurd grew up at the forge they built together, but his wanderlust and the woods called to his little wild-born heart like a magnet. He can't abide the feel of most clothing against his skin, let alone armor, but his skin is thick and similar in texture to cured leather. It was after his 30th birthday-- when he became an adult to his tribe-- that he was approached by Grandfather Bear. The nature spirit taught Siggurd to harness his own hereditary wildness. Taught him to fight like a bear. His axe becoming his claws and teeth.

He definitely would have wandered into Folgun and his mentor's forest at some point.

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So, for an heirloom, I was thinking a holy symbol given to my character by the missionary who converted her to good would make the most sense--but I'm not sure what it would actually give a bonus to. Spellcasting in some fashion, with the higher bonus to domain spells?

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
Yes, she died a martyr, burned at the stake or however people in your world punish blasphemy.
I'll leave that up to you. Stake burning would be reserved for orcs and tieflings (for completely different reasons). Human groups will vary by region with hanging being most common. The dwarven empire is the biggest unified body of people and death by stoning is common.

Elves prefer a clean and quick death for those convicted who are deemed worthy to die.

Other racial groups are less organized/specific or do not use a death penalty.

Among druids, the threefold death as a sacrifice is a thing. Hanging, drowning (or poisoning), and wounding (arrow or spear thrust) a man simultaneously. The crucifixion story of cross, spear, and vinegar allude to this. As does the hanged man of the Tarot.

And of course you are free to make up your own manner . . .

For most races blasphemy is not going to be a killing offense, so the death of your god would probably have been at the hands of a religious sect, but I'm fine with making it political in this instance if that fits your concept.

So, for an heirloom, I was thinking a holy symbol given to my character by the missionary who converted her to good would make the most sense--but I'm not sure what it would actually give a bonus to. Spellcasting in some fashion, with the higher bonus to domain spells?
One way would be to treat Turning as if your save DC was +1. Then give your +PB feature to spell save DC and spell attack modifier for Domain spells.

Or vise versa. PB gonus to Turning and +1 to domain spells, whichever you prefer.

Or we could think up something else entirely.

Argaen

Software wizard
Validated User
I diggit. Any thoughts on which plane Folgun originated? Like I said originally, Siggurd was born in the Beastlands, but was fostered at young enough an age that he doesn't remember it at all. His foster parents were scions of two metal-smithing dynasties. Siggurd grew up at the forge they built together, but his wanderlust and the woods called to his little wild-born heart like a magnet. He can't abide the feel of most clothing against his skin, let alone armor, but his skin is thick and similar in texture to cured leather. It was after his 30th birthday-- when he became an adult to his tribe-- that he was approached by Grandfather Bear. The nature spirit taught Siggurd to harness his own hereditary wildness. Taught him to fight like a bear. His axe becoming his claws and teeth.

He definitely would have wandered into Folgun and his mentor's forest at some point.
I would need to read a bit more to know how Folgun became a druid, until I read your post I didn't even know about the existence of the Beastlands. I would gladly take any suggestions on this.

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
Discovering what plane you are from can also come out in play. You don't have to decide up front.

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
One way would be to treat Turning as if your save DC was +1. Then give your +PB feature to spell save DC and spell attack modifier for Domain spells.

Or vise versa. PB gonus to Turning and +1 to domain spells, whichever you prefer.

Or we could think up something else entirely.
I think I'll go with the first option, since I will probably be using my domain spells more than turn undead.

Top Bottom