• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Recruitment/Development] Star Trek Adventures

QuZi

Libido Cattle Prod
Validated User
Unfortunately, I think I need to step away from this. It looks like I am about at my limit now, and cannot really handle the start of another game.

My apologies.

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Aww :( See you in the other games at least!

I could see Dominion space getting more choatic, especially at the fringes. They did throw a lot of resources at the Alpha Quadrant, and very few of their expeditionary force made it home. Between that and Odo joining their conversation, they might be pulling back into secluded contemplation and leaving their client states, and to a degree even the Vorta and Jem'Hadar, to their own devices and direction.

Starcrash

Validated User
Rogue Jem'Hadar are always good for a laugh, especially when it turns out they're basically on the same mission as you but they don't know if you can be trusted to keep their involvement secret from the Founders...

As to the Dominion collapsing, I think that's out of scope for our scenario. It would probably result in a dozen pocket empires like the Delta Quadrant with the core of the Dominion worlds like a sharp edged diamond that no-one dares cross. Even simple exploration becomes an extended diplomatic challenge.

Hammel

Validated User
Are the Wadi affiliated with the Dominion? If not, I see a potential way they might no longer be a faction that would be a focal point. What if they gambled away their worlds in a game of chance?

JoanieSappho

Not drunk enough for this
Validated User
TV canon never said either way, so whichever works for you.
The books apparently had them independent but afraid of the Dominion.

Hammel

Validated User
Ok I guess we can choose the Wadi faction to remove from our NPC table. Any additional thoughts on what or how they gambled away some stuff, and with who? Perhaps a game with the Dominion that went badly, possibly due to cheating on the Dominion's part, and now their worlds are all Dominion territory and the ruling class replaced with either Vorta or Jem'Hadar.

Starcrash

Validated User
I vote for keeping it simple: they were beneath the Dominion's notice, but an ambitious Vorta made official contact. The Wadi did their usual thing of assuming they'd want to play a game. The Jem'Hadar disagreed. Shenanigans ensued. Now their homeworld is in a vice-grip, the Dominion exploiting what they can militarise of their holographic technology, their culture is forbidden, and only a few wandering caravans are left, fleeing Jem'Hadar patrols into deep space.

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
And even Odo would probably be just like 'oh, those assholes' within the Great Link, as long as the Jem'Hadar don't get all massacre-y. Seriously, those guys.

Hammel

Validated User
Great, I like the rational for removing the Wadi from play.

I rolled up the last two Plot Points and got:

Spoiler: Show

Mystery - Travel Setting

The game starts in some sort of vehicle. Maybe a shuttle? We could say the starship, but I see that more as a given.

Mystery - Preparation

Something is being prepared for.

So now we have five. Final count for this Turning Point:

Spoiler: Show

1. Mystery - None
  2. Mystery - Meta (this is where we removed the Wadi from the character list)
  3. Mystery - Not their master.
  4. Mystery - Travel setting
  5. Mystery - Preparation

I could see this Turning Point as one scene, but each Plot Point could also be broken up into more discrete scenes. Any ideas before I propose one of my own?

suedenim

Validated User
I'm not sure about this part:
Plot Point 3: Mystery - Not Their Master. A Character is actually working for another (I interpret this as two rolls on Character List, which can include existing characters or new characters

This wouldn't be appropriate for Starfleet player characters, would it?

Top Bottom