• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Recruitment/Development] Star Trek Adventures

Starcrash

Validated User
I'm not sure about this part:
Plot Point 3: Mystery - Not Their Master. A Character is actually working for another (I interpret this as two rolls on Character List, which can include existing characters or new characters

This wouldn't be appropriate for Starfleet player characters, would it?
There's always Section 31. I know they're kinda cliche at this point, but hey. I'm certain even with a peace treaty signed they wouldn't want to let the Dominion simply sit tight and rebuild. Alternatives could be a family connection, or perhaps an oath of vengeance? Something that causes conflict with the primary mission, or with the ethics of the Federation?

Hammel

Validated User
Sorry for the lag.

I'm not sure about this part:
Plot Point 3: Mystery - Not Their Master. A Character is actually working for another (I interpret this as two rolls on Character List, which can include existing characters or new characters

This wouldn't be appropriate for Starfleet player characters, would it?
Maybe not appropriate for Starfleet player characters. If we roll a PC as a character, we can ignore the roll and roll again unless we want to add some sort of justification. There are plenty of factions, though, so maybe if we roll a faction on the table it could produce some interesting results. Also, there's a chance for a new character

There's always Section 31. I know they're kinda cliche at this point, but hey. I'm certain even with a peace treaty signed they wouldn't want to let the Dominion simply sit tight and rebuild. Alternatives could be a family connection, or perhaps an oath of vengeance? Something that causes conflict with the primary mission, or with the ethics of the Federation?
So if the roll chooses a player character, are you suggesting we could have them actually be working for Section 31? I would be fine with it if the affected player is fine for it. Would it be secret or open? For the sake of having the information hidden to players, would it be better if I rolled on the character table secretly? It could be fun to come up with something for this as a group, though.

Starcrash

Validated User
H Hammel , I'm sorry but I'm going to step back from this one. I love Star Trek and I'm keen to take a swing at STA, but it's been a month in planning for what was originally billed as a one-shot and I'm having difficulty keeping my enthusiasm up for it. Please do feel free to use Buck in whatever capacity you want. Good luck!

Top Bottom