• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Recruitment] Freebooters on the Frontier (OSR Dungeon World): Witchburner leading into Stargate: Fantasy

Atlictoatl

Powered by the Apocryphal
Validated User
Luca will have a clerk (Peter), to keep considerable notes on the inquisition, and which Luca will re-read every night to check for accuracy and to see if he can make connections that he might have missed in the day's events.
As you're starting play with the Follower, I'll make his stats known to you.

Peter the clerk: 6#1d12 1 5 5 10 5 10
Peter tags: 4#1d15 11 12 14 9

Quality: -1, a liability
Background: has lived a life of danger, +2 tags
Instinct: lord it over others
Cost: Affection - kind words and deeds, quality time and attention.
Resilience: able-bodied
Damage: can defend themselves

Peter HP: 1d6 3

Tags
Law-wise
Meek:
they accept their lowly lot, and will do degrading or unreasonable things without needing to Follow Orders
Organized: they make and follow plans well, and work well in a group. Once they agree to a plan, you do not need to Order Followers as long as the plan doesn’t go south

Loyalty: +1

Gear
  • spear bearing the banner of the Lord Rightmaker
  • knife
  • sling and pouch of slingstones
  • common clothes
  • backpack
    • scrollcases
    • candles
    • writing kit
Peter NPC traits: loyalty; appearance; personality; quirk: 1d12 6 3#1d12 1 11 6

appearance: disfigured: badly burned
personality: cheerful/happy/optimistic
quirk: superstitious/devout/fanatical

Peter color: 1d9 8 1d3 1

skin color: Peter has dark black skin

Last edited:

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
Besides a book or two and some rope, I'm not at all sure what to spend my money on. Anyone got any ideas?

Also, what does armor do? I can't find combat rules anywhere and the combat moves don't tie into armor/hp enough.

Atlictoatl

Validated User
The IC and OOC threads are up! Please use the OOC thread for issues pertinent to the game in play. Any additional chargen stuff should remain in this thread.

IC
OOC

Atlictoatl

Validated User
Also, what does armor do? I can't find combat rules anywhere and the combat moves don't tie into armor/hp enough.
Interesting. I suspect that may default all the way back to Dungeon World. I'll have to research.

In any event, armor subtracts 1 through 5 damage from attacks, dependent on type. Unlike Dungeon World, damage in Freebooters is determined by weapon type.

More protective armor is certainly preferable, though I'll be levying social consequences in certain situations for wearing heavier armor than is appropriate.

Lysus

Unbelievably Fancy Ostrich
Validated User
HP is so low in this game that I took every point of armor I could afford to take without the awkward tag.

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
Totally forgot about this post! Skimmed over it and then never went back!

Will read these later tonight.

The IC and OOC threads are up! Please use the OOC thread for issues pertinent to the game in play. Any additional chargen stuff should remain in this thread.

IC
OOC

Artaud le momo

Slicey Bois FTW
Validated User
I posted here earlier, but for some reason it hasn't appeared. We have a power outage (into the second day now) in my area, so I'm stuck using an e reader and wifi in a cafe near work (work doesn't allow me access to this site). I tried to do what I could on the wiki, but it was very hard going. If someone else could finish off what I started there I'd much appreciate it. Items I want to buy with the extra money is splint armour, a musket (that'll be my second weapon spec), and 2 lots of ammo. There were a few other things I want to buy, but I can't access the playtest version of the rules on here, so I'll have to do without for now. I can't access orokos either from here for some reason. I'm hoping the power comes back very soon, but if not, I'll be slow to respond, as I can only really get here at lunchtime and if I zip out for a coffee break (like now). I have to head back now, will try to check in when I leave for home.

Atlictoatl