• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Recruitment] Ongoing GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Campaign

Wei

Validated User
I should have been clearer - we're using the character templates from Dungeon Fantasy.

Do you have DF? (Actually, if you have GURPS Character Sheet, you have all the info you need)
Out of curiosity, is there any particular reason why you chose to use templates? Just a private opinion but I absolutely hate them. They help no one and limit you severely.

Greg 1

Some Guy
Validated User
Out of curiosity, is there any particular reason why you chose to use templates? Just a private opinion but I absolutely hate them. They help no one and limit you severely.
The theory is that it will help the new folks categorize people and their roles more easily.

I'm flexible on tweaking the templates, but I'd like to keep them broadly.

DrStrangelove

Rule Britannia
Validated User
The GURPS Character Sheet templates have to be one of the most confusing I've ever seen. It took me forever to adjust them and with one click I've just deleted my entire inventory and some skills, and the undo option is not working. I'm sorry, but I think I'll have to pass. I don't have several more hours to create a new character with this.

Greg 1

Some Guy
Validated User
The GURPS Character Sheet templates have to be one of the most confusing I've ever seen. It took me forever to adjust them and with one click I've just deleted my entire inventory and some skills, and the undo option is not working. I'm sorry, but I think I'll have to pass. I don't have several more hours to create a new character with this.
Yeah, I found it frustrating when I started using it, although now that I have the hang of it, it lets me create characters quickly and easily.

It seems like a shame to lose you over a confusing computer program. We could definitely walk you through the character creation process and then enter the details into GCS for you. Or just help you with the program.

Up to you, obviously, but it does seem like a shame to lose you over a character generation program.

Greg 1

Some Guy
Validated User
I'm reversing my earlier decision and allowing Dr. Strangelove's original character because it's a reasonable character concept that just doesn't fit an existing template well.

I've asked Dr. Strangelove to load his character to the wiki.

Wei

Validated User
BTW, how are you going to handle combat? Are you going to have every move separately, which would take quite a while I guess, or are you going to introduce something like turns?

Top Bottom