• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Recruitment][SW]Wyrd of the Wanderer

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
Introduction
The Empire has driven the Clans from their ancestral lands to the harsh outer edges of the known world. Outnumbered, unable to effectively fight back, and plagued by the Wraith - dark spirits in the mists that can take over the bodies of living men - the Clans are forced to wage a war on two fronts.

What the PCs Do
Armed with savagery and magic utterly foreign to the empire, the PCs infiltrate its borders to sabotage targets, disrupt factions, sow dissent . . . and to find out what the Empire knows about the Wraith and how to combat the dark spirits that hold their people hostage.

Note: Think Roman era empire where for every be-toga'd citizen you have scores of unwashed servants, traders, etc from conquered cultures essentially running free among their wardens.

Note: The specifics of what this particular group of PCs do will be as much up to you guys as you want it to be.

System
Savage Worlds (modified for setting and to be more friendly to a PBP format).

By way of tone, this will be a fairly serious and somewhat dark-ish campaign. The heroes might not always save the day and they will more often than not be up against craptastic odds.

Posting Expectations
I prefer a pace of daily posting throughout the week with lighter posting on the weekends and holidays. Of course, life happens. If you won't be able to post, try to hit us up in OOC or the Grand Central Absences thread.

Criteria
I'm looking to run a game for 3-5 players. Selection will pretty much be first come, first served, with the caveat that I might decline players I think would not be a good fit.

If anyone wants a more complete picture of what I'm going for, check out the wiki HERE.

Last edited:

OMG

Meat Popsicle
Validated User
Would a Paladin'ish character work? A warrior who calls on the power of whatever gods exist for the occasional blast of holy fire and such? He'd be first and foremost a warrior but makes with the holy blasting and occasional heroic speech when not skewering enemies.

Key abilities would be:
-melee combat
-offensive holy magic
-inspirarional/leadership

Edit:. Not a super goody lawful good Paladin from d&d. More of a rough around the edges holy warrior

Last edited:

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
Would a Paladin'ish character work? A warrior who calls on the power of whatever gods exist for the occasion blast of holy fire and such? He'd be first and foremost a warrior but makes with the holy blasting and occasional heroic speech when not skewering enemies.

Key abilities would be:
-melee combat
-offensive holy magic
-inspirarional/leadership

Edit:. Not a super goody lawful good Paladin from d&d. More of a rough around the edges holy warrior
You might want to check out the wiki. Holy/Unholy warrior is relegated to the empire, but there is room within clan culture to pull off the concept. I'd suggest choosing Harbinger when you select Wyrd Adept. Other Wyrds could work as well, but would come off a touch more subtle.

OMG

Meat Popsicle
Validated User
You might want to check out the wiki. Holy/Unholy warrior is relegated to the empire, but there is room within clan culture to pull off the concept. I'd suggest choosing Harbinger when you select Wyrd Adept. Other Wyrds could work as well, but would come off a touch more subtle.
Hah..didn't realize "Introduction" was clickable until just now. Will review and come up with something fitting :)

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
Hah..didn't realize "Introduction" was clickable until just now. Will review and come up with something fitting :)
Chargen and House Rules also clickable. Chargen has the Wyrd/Power summaries/lists for PCs.

OMG

Meat Popsicle
Validated User
Chargen and House Rules also clickable. Chargen has the Wyrd/Power summaries/lists for PCs.
Yeah noticed that. It's not very clear when viewing the wiki page that the headers are links. (At least on mobile)

Reading through it.

I'm thinking Harbinger. Brutal warrior but also very charismatic. Inspires folks and has a talent for mocking people before eviserating them with his sword. But unlike other "leaders" this guy leads from the front lines of battle instead of hiding at the rear.

Kinda like Leonidas from The 300.

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
'm thinking Harbinger. Brutal warrior but also very charismatic. Inspires folks and has a talent for mocking people before eviserating them with his sword. But unlike other "leaders" this guy leads from the front lines of battle instead of hiding at the rear.
Sounds good . . . (y)

Illtry

Validated User
I’d be definitely interested, I’m thinking of a Wildwarden who has become almost like a cryptid, she appears to members of the imperial army and sows discord, tries to make people act upon their basest animal instincts. shes actually starting to believe that she is a nature deity of some description, and has retreated from her clan slightly. Just an initial thought, I’ll start to flesh it out once I get into the meat of chargen.

Top Bottom