• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Recruitment][SW]Wyrd of the Wanderer

Kath

The Furthest Away
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I don't think it needs to be a problem. I'm going for more of a protective and nurturing angle. It sounds like you might want warlike.
That works for me. I was thinking of making a combat-focused character anyway, and so will focus on those parts of the bonewight.

Kath

The Furthest Away
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I've added a spot for your character on the wikitable.
Thank you.

Cleverly, I've managed to buy slightly the wrong version of Savage Worlds, as the Adventurer Edition seems to have a few differences to what you've got on the wiki. Hopefully this won't cause a problem for chargen or in play. I'll use the list of skills, edges, powers etc on the wiki to make my character. For the edges and powers, I'll type up what the Adventurer Edition says they do, so you can check to see if I need to adjust anything to match the version of the rules we're using. Sorry!

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
Thank you.

Cleverly, I've managed to buy slightly the wrong version of Savage Worlds, as the Adventurer Edition seems to have a few differences to what you've got on the wiki. Hopefully this won't cause a problem for chargen or in play. I'll use the list of skills, edges, powers etc on the wiki to make my character. For the edges and powers, I'll type up what the Adventurer Edition says they do, so you can check to see if I need to adjust anything to match the version of the rules we're using. Sorry!
You should be fine with that. The Adventurer version is more streamlined, and honestly, probably the better version, but where the two overlap I don't think there's a whole lot of difference. For chargen stick with the wiki. If you have questions, I have both versions, so you don't need to type the whole thing out. I can compare them side by side right here in front of me and tell you if they are different and how.

Sepulchritude

Validated User
No, I'm coming along fine. Chargen is intuitive, I'm just taking in the rest of the system to get an idea for what parts of the idea are most representable.

Kath

The Furthest Away
RPGnet Member
Validated User
You should be fine with that. The Adventurer version is more streamlined, and honestly, probably the better version, but where the two overlap I don't think there's a whole lot of difference. For chargen stick with the wiki. If you have questions, I have both versions, so you don't need to type the whole thing out. I can compare them side by side right here in front of me and tell you if they are different and how.
Great, that will make things much easier - thanks :)

At the moment, I'm planning on taking Brave, Block, Brawler, Bruiser, Stonefist and Danger Sense for Edges, and Armour/Protection, Burrow, Fear and Warrior's Gift for Powers (with one power left to pick, which will depend on what Sepulchritude takes). Are any of these different between the two editions? I've put my draft stats onto the wiki if you need to check those.

In terms of the clan society, what kind of names do people have? And is the society particularly gender biased, e.g. can women be warriors? I've got a few ideas percolating around for backgrounds/personality, and so the stats above may change a bit as I refine that - but hopefully not massively.

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
Edges
  • Brave and Block are essentially identical.
  • Bruiser and Brawler you get a straight +2 to punch instead of +1d4 and you use d8 on a raise instead of d6. There are no bonuses to Toughness for either in the edition we're using.
  • Danger Sense is literally craptastic in the rules we're using, so go ahead and use the Adventure rules for that one instead.
  • Stonefist (Martial Arts) is essentially the same but you don't add the initial +1, just Str + 1d4 to damage

Powers
  • Armor/Protection are essentially identical.
  • Burrow is essentially double the range under the rules we are using, but otherwise the same.
  • Fear is automatically a large burst effect under the rules we're using. You don't have to pay extra for it.
  • Warrior's Gift - under the rules we're using duration is 3 rather than 5 and the caster has to be higher rank than the edge being bestowed.
Hrm. I'm not going to weigh in on names. Pick one you like. There is enough variance between the individual clans that it could literally be anything. No gender restrictions.

Sepulchritude

Validated User
Is an alternative medium for Burrow possible? I had originally been fond of the idea (admittedly inspired by Whitewolf's Garou) of using reflective surfaces for entering the spirit realm. Fall through still water to escape pursuit, for example. If so, my Powers list looks like Beast Friend, "Burrow", Mind Reading, Slumber, and Summon Ally. If not, I might swap Burrow for Fear or Havoc.

Top Bottom