• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Red Dead Redemption 2 discussion/playthrough - one more big score

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
My one main disappointing moment so far (excluding the many accidental hit the wrong button and shoot a citizen moments) - doing a stupid mission with Micah, who's lipping off at me, and shooting him 5 times with my semi-autoshotgun, only for him to tell me to "knock that off, Arthur" and go back to spouting his inane BS.
Honestly, that feels like a perfect metaphor for Arthur's relationship with Micah.

kross

Validated User
It seems to have most of the songs, except for the housebuilding song. But... shouldn't there be lots of ambient music as well?
Yeah, this is a HUGE disappointment for me. I listened to a couple samples and was unimpressed, whereas the YouTube soundtracks have much more in the way of instrumental/ambient stuff. And 3 hours of it, no less. I was looking forward to a nice 2 or 3 disc set of the complete RDR2 music. This... ain't it.

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
Yeah, this is a HUGE disappointment for me. I listened to a couple samples and was unimpressed, whereas the YouTube soundtracks have much more in the way of instrumental/ambient stuff. And 3 hours of it, no less. I was looking forward to a nice 2 or 3 disc set of the complete RDR2 music. This... ain't it.
I mean, I fully support the notion that if you can afford to pay for the music you listen to, you should do so instead of pirating it.

But that also means that the producers should actually make a credible effort to sell the music, damnit!

Cessna

Gritty AF
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"I shot up a town in a robbery and killed a bunch of innocent people, but I went fishing later and threw back the fish I caught, so my honor is still good!"

Andrew Sheeler

Crime Fighter
Validated User
"I shot up a town in a robbery and killed a bunch of innocent people, but I went fishing later and threw back the fish I caught, so my honor is still good!"
"I murdered a man in cold blood because he cleaned me out in cards, but I gave a dollar to an old blind man, so the ledger's balanced."

Grumpygoat

Validated User
On the one hand, the way to balance things out can be very...wonky. On the other, it makes the shitty control scheme a little more bearable. Like saving someone, only to point your gun at them when you mean to greet them...or trying to mount your horse in St. Denis and instead fucking tackling some rando who was half an inch closer than the horse.

Cessna

Gritty AF
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
On the one hand, the way to balance things out can be very...wonky. On the other, it makes the shitty control scheme a little more bearable. Like saving someone, only to point your gun at them when you mean to greet them...or trying to mount your horse in St. Denis and instead fucking tackling some rando who was half an inch closer than the horse.
Yeah, no kidding.

"I meant to open the menu say 'hello,' but shot him instead" happens with disturbing regularity in the old west.

Edit - or "I meant to get on my horse, the game thought I wanted to get on the horse next to it, now I'm a wanted horse thief."

Or "While walking slowly through a crowded street someone bumped into me, now the police are shooting at me for Assault."

Last edited:

Cessna

Gritty AF
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It was a different time, back then.
It's been a long day's ride, I think I'll stop and set up camp. Oops, I put on a bandana instead. Let me take that off, oops, I just changed clothes.

Top Bottom