• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Red Markets - Get Rich or Die Trying

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Collar

Collar continues his walk up to the cabin, hands in the open. Once he reaches it, he'll look in the windows and knock on the door.
 

Rowenn552

Registered User
Validated User
Collar finds no need to knock on the door.

What he sees inside a broken window of the cabin is two bodies. One lays sprawled on the floor, dark blood pooled around its head; a woman by the looks of her. The second is a pudgy man with a bear and flannel on sitting with his back to a wall nearby the woman’s body. There is a gun on his lap next to his relaxed and open hand. A blood spatter paints the wall behind his head while his nose, mouth, and all down his front is stained with dried blood.

It would appear that the two of them ended it here in the cabin rather than risk trying to make it off the island.

Taker crews are usually four to six though. Less than that you have less to split a take but also less bullets, a narrower skill set, and less eyes to watch for danger. Larger than that and you can take on most threats but at the cost of a pittance in pay spread between the crew.

These two account for at least half of a standard sized crew. Could have just been a two-person crew but you suspect that Terrace wouldn’t have hired on leas than four for this job.

What do you do?
 

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Collar

Collar crosses himself and says a quick prayer, and then turns back to the rest of the group: "Two dead inside - suicide. Probably part of the first Taker group. We should look for the others, assuming they survived their encounter with that thing in the water."

OOC: Awareness to see if there's a trap or the like on the cabin door [+2] = 4/9. If there is, Collar doesn't see it.


Collar moves to open the door to the cabin.
 

Atlictoatl

Powered by the Apocryphal
Validated User
Whisper

Whisper glances at the bodies inside, then calls out, her voice raised. "We killed that fucking thing in the lake. It's safe to leave, now. We're not the type that kill people for no reason. I'm Whisper, you may have heard of me, and one of us is a damned-to-goodness priest."

"Let's play nice, and we all can leave this fucking hellhole alive."

She motions to the squad to be ready for casualties drawn to the noise she's making.
 

Rowenn552

Registered User
Validated User
Collar moves inside the cabin while Whisper calls out behind him.


Collar,
The woman remains motionless and the man sitting nearby simply stares ahead at you and slightly towards the ceiling with his dead eyes.

The interior of the cabin is a mess. Animal scat litters the floor as does the Taker’s gear. There are bloody bandages, empty cans, protein bar wrappers, and jars of baby food all over the place.
It doesn’t take long to walk through the small cabin. There is an upstairs Collar but your attention is peaked towards a closet door that would lead under the stairs. The door is pocked with bullet holes and casings cover the floor here.

What do you do?

******

Whisper and Kennel,
Outside, nothing moves or comes towards your voice Whisper. Inside the cabin you can see Collar cautiously making his way through the place. He moves around a corner out of the living space and you lose sight him though.

What do you do?

******

Moonchild,
You can hear Whisper shouting from where you’re at.
The coast is literally clear. Still nothing has come for you. You suspect it’s pretty safe to leave the boat unattended...

What do you do?
 

IronMongoose

Registered User
Validated User
Moonchild,
You can hear Whisper shouting from where you’re at.
The coast is literally clear. Still nothing has come for you. You suspect it’s pretty safe to leave the boat unattended...

What do you do?
Moonchild

He suspects it might be safe, but he has no desire to take any chances. Low on ammo and having had enough of nearly being torn limb from limb for one day, he sits in the boat with his shotgun in his lap. If any of the others ask he can say he's keeping the...oars running for them to make a quick getaway.

He does allow himself one indulgence, though. He rummages through his backpack and finds a last remaining spliff he rolled for the journey. The rest of his supply was in the first aid kit. He lights it up and tries to let it help sooth his shattered nerves.
 

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Collar

Collar,
The woman remains motionless and the man sitting nearby simply stares ahead at you and slightly towards the ceiling with his dead eyes.

The interior of the cabin is a mess. Animal scat litters the floor as does the Taker’s gear. There are bloody bandages, empty cans, protein bar wrappers, and jars of baby food all over the place.
It doesn’t take long to walk through the small cabin. There is an upstairs Collar but your attention is peaked towards a closet door that would lead under the stairs. The door is pocked with bullet holes and casings cover the floor here.

What do you do?
Collar turns back toward the rest and gets their attention as quietly as he can. He points toward the door underneath the closet.

OOC: Awareness +2 = 6/5 [4; 5] success. Are the bullet holes going into the closet, or out of the closet, or both?
 

Atlictoatl

Powered by the Apocryphal
Validated User
Whisper

Whisper's been tracking Collar through the windows. When he disappears from sight, she draws her machete and follows him into the building. As he reappears and draws attention to the door underneath the stairs, she sheathes her machete and repositions herself in the room with her rifle so that she has a clear LOS on the door and sufficient range to drop anything coming through it before it can get on her. Hopefully.
 

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
Kennel

Kennel stayed near the shore as the priest went closer to examine the cabin. A bow needed range, after all, and he didn't want to get stuck in a fistfight with someone if it runed out whoever was in there was violent! Of course the news that it was a pair of suicides changed things. If they were former Takers who had been trapped here, then there could be others still waiting around. Kennel patted Rags and said "Target, boy." Rags nuzzled into his hand for a minute before trotting off down the beach, sniffing the air. Kennel followed after him as the dog started sniffing out and exploring the island.

OOC: Animal Handling +2: 2#1d10 10 5
Whelp.
 
Top Bottom