• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Relted to Video Games I guess] Need help loading Witcher 3

Gogmagog

Validated User
Ok, I just purchaaed W3 complete edition for the PC and am trying to get it to load in my computer(Windows 10) I get the first disk going(6 disks!) and then when prompted for the second I put it in and wait...

...and wait. For it to start reading and load in. When prompted to load Disk 3, I did the same thing, read a book for a bit and then came back to notice that it didn't start reading and pressed the 'ok' button to see if it would do anything and got a 'Installition cannot proceed without the correct file. Do you want to cancel?'

I don't know what is up and why it isn't reading . I am tech dumb so can anyone offer some suggestions?

This makes me think I should have gotten the Steam version

Dragon_Blooded

Social Justice Main Tank
Validated User
Ok, I just purchaaed W3 complete edition for the PC and am trying to get it to load in my computer(Windows 10) I get the first disk going(6 disks!) and then when prompted for the second I put it in and wait...

...and wait. For it to start reading and load in. When prompted to load Disk 3, I did the same thing, read a book for a bit and then came back to notice that it didn't start reading and pressed the 'ok' button to see if it would do anything and got a 'Installition cannot proceed without the correct file. Do you want to cancel?'

I don't know what is up and why it isn't reading . I am tech dumb so can anyone offer some suggestions?

This makes me think I should have gotten the Steam version
If there's any kind of activation code/CD-Key for the game, you could do worse than trying to use it to activate a copy on GoG and Steam. It has worked for me in the past with some older games, and since GoG is owned by the publishers of TW3, trying the code on GoG is worth a shot, IMO.

Eduardo Penna

Seroster

Miw!
Validated User
Oh, the perils of physical media...

Presumably yeah, if you have or make a GoG account and then enter the code, it should credit you with the game on GoG and you can just download it that way.

Aliandris

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Maybe the disc numbering is wrong? Try popping in the other numbered discs.

Also, PC games still come on discs? >_>

Gogmagog

Validated User
Code worked. Hmmm Maybe I should try GOG Galaxy so I can get it all in one go instead of multiple files

Dragon_Blooded

Social Justice Main Tank
Validated User
Code worked. Hmmm Maybe I should try GOG Galaxy so I can get it all in one go instead of multiple files
You totally should. It works pretty much like Steam, except that once the game is installed you don't need to have an active internet connection to play it, ever, IIRC. It will update the game automatically (although I don't think TW3 is going to get any mayor updates anytime soon, CDPR are pretty much done with it), but unlike Steam, where eventually you'll have to log in or offline mode stops working, GoG doesn't act as DRM, only as a shop and content delivery method.

Eduardo Penna

Top Bottom