• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Requiem for the Gods re-continued

Elfwine

Validated User
"Kurg not think Jake is lying," Kurg says. "But Kurg admit, Jake's exp'anation seem thin."

One corner of his mouth goes up (you think - it's not easy to tell with tusks). "Kurg think Kurg gets it, though."
Amelia nods stiffly, before looking back to Jacob.

RainbowSparkle91

Fluffy Goat Monster
Validated User
Selina begins taking notes on her datapad. "You're - we're - looking for a magic knife, got that. Vollmacher is a crazy evil racist German guy with magic powers - you said he melted into blood the last time you guys fought? Creepy. Canem is a big wolf-dude who tried to make you follow him, real alpha-male type."

She continues to take notes as she listens to Madeline, occasionally asking for clarification. She doesn't waste time with disbelief or incredulity; that Madeline is telling her this seems to be enough for her.
"In short, yeah. Mind you, this is the trimmed down version. Vollmacher is the one to completely stay away from. Canem... well, he did help us with that fight against that giant sea monster on Djah, and didn't try anything stupid when he met with Amelia, or had his contacts meet with her... but still, I'd personally rather not deal with him again for a fair while. As first impressions go, that was a bad one. But at least he's not out to kill anyone not like him." Madeline remarks as she shares the details with Selina.

Amelia's expression does not mellow.

"You have gone in a single day between regarding Miss Poindexter and her curiosity as so suspicious that you were all but swearing that she was a spy, to considering it important to warn her of our enemy as if her safety was a matter of greater concern than that of Ms. Mosely or Francis.

You do not smell drunk, and you have not said you only want her to think you have reversed your opinion of her.

So tell me. What am I supposed to believe about how you went from hostility to protectiveness like this?"
"A safety precaution? I daresay Ms. Moseley is in as much danger of being tortured to tell him where we are and what we are doing as Miss Poindexter is."

Amelia's ears hug her skull a little more closely.

"If someone told you what you have told me, as you have told it to me, would you believe them?"

She looks to Kurg.

"Would you believe them?"
"Your right Amelia." Madeline suddenly says, looking to her. "If your going to take such issue with Jake's decision to share the warning about Vollmacher, we should go ahead and tell Ms. Mosely and Francis about him."

She glances at Jake and says "Honestly, if I was to guess what happened, he got to know her better as a person. She's no longer miss nosy too curious for her own good neighbor. And no longer being that, and considering she'd already seemed to get an idea of some things and overheard a bit, there was no reason to go ahead and not share some things with her."

"Yeah, I'll admit, I'm surprised by his turn around, and find it amusing considering what he said yesterday, but Amelia, its coming across to me that your feeling like there's been betrayal of sorts in this sudden change of mind. Your words and phrasing are rather accusatory after all, and to me, it seems like your making a bigger deal of this then it needs to be."

shadowsaint007

So bear-y glad!
Validated User
"A safety precaution? I daresay Ms. Moseley is in as much danger of being tortured to tell him where we are and what we are doing as Miss Poindexter is."

Amelia's ears hug her skull a little more closely.

"If someone told you what you have told me, as you have told it to me, would you believe them?"

She looks to Kurg.

"Would you believe them?"
Jake makes a face.

"I'd say it'd be damn hard to swallow," he admits. "Yeah, I know, it doesn't exactly add up. I've gotten soft, clearly.

"In any case, Abigail won't be able to tell anyone anything beyond what they'd already know. She knows Vollmacher is a war criminal where I came from, she knows what kind of things he did there, and she knows I'm from 'the past', the 1940s to be exact. That's it, I swear. I'm guessing Vollmacher, Canem, and the rest already know that much."
"Kurg not think Jake is lying," Kurg says. "But Kurg admit, Jake's exp'anation seem thin."

One corner of his mouth goes up (you think - it's not easy to tell with tusks). "Kurg think Kurg gets it, though."
"What is it you 'get' Kurg?" Jake asks, not entirely sure he likes Kurg's insinuation.
"Your right Amelia." Madeline suddenly says, looking to her. "If your going to take such issue with Jake's decision to share the warning about Vollmacher, we should go ahead and tell Ms. Mosely and Francis about him."

She glances at Jake and says "Honestly, if I was to guess what happened, he got to know her better as a person. She's no longer miss nosy too curious for her own good neighbor. And no longer being that, and considering she'd already seemed to get an idea of some things and overheard a bit, there was no reason to go ahead and not share some things with her."

"Yeah, I'll admit, I'm surprised by his turn around, and find it amusing considering what he said yesterday, but Amelia, its coming across to me that your feeling like there's been betrayal of sorts in this sudden change of mind. Your words and phrasing are rather accusatory after all, and to me, it seems like your making a bigger deal of this then it needs to be."
"She still has a point, though," Jake adds. "We - myself included - either need to be more careful what we tell others, and to whom we tell it. Also, I need to work on my people skills; they're rusty as hell, and the most experience I've had with interrogations is threatening to knock a German officer's teeth out with a pick."

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"In any case, Abigail won't be able to tell anyone anything beyond what they'd already know. She knows Vollmacher is a war criminal where I came from, she knows what kind of things he did there, and she knows I'm from 'the past', the 1940s to be exact. That's it, I swear. I'm guessing Vollmacher, Canem, and the rest already know that much."
"If Ab'gail is spy, must have reasons to spy. Must have suspicions, or be told who to spy on, what to listen for. So if Ab'gail is spy, probably learned more from Jake than only Jake's words."

He shrugs. "But if not spy, is no worry."

"What is it you 'get' Kurg?" Jake asks, not entirely sure he likes Kurg's insinuation.
That's definitely a smirk.

"Kurg not blame Jake. Ab'gail is pretty, for skinny dog."

Elfwine

Validated User
Amelia silently eyes Madeline, but her attention remains on Jacob for the moment.

One thing at a time.
OOC: And in response to the Ranger...

Amelia lets out a sharp breath.

"Has the world become so bloody simple that there are only two types of people, those one should not trust even with precautions and those one can trust without reservations?

It speaks very poorly of one's judgment of others to go from certainty that a amiable neighbor's curiosity is suspicious to seeking to satisfy that curiosity and to protect her from one's enemies so suddenly and with so little reason why!

Let us imagine that one meets a young lady interested in German history. Will one go between refusing to share anything and wanting to protect them as cavalierly as one did here?"

Last edited:

RainbowSparkle91

Fluffy Goat Monster
Validated User
"She still has a point, though," Jake adds. "We - myself included - either need to be more careful what we tell others, and to whom we tell it. Also, I need to work on my people skills; they're rusty as hell, and the most experience I've had with interrogations is threatening to knock a German officer's teeth out with a pick."
Madeline's expression says she doesn't quite agree that Amelia has a point, or perhaps she takes particular issue with the way and manner she is making such point, but she says "Either we need to be more careful with what we tell others or what? You didn't exactly finish there Jake."

"But still, if she's going to get that bothered about it and bring up Francis and our landlady, I feel she unintentionally made a point she wasn't meaning to. We should go ahead and give them forewarning about Vollmacher. We don't have to give exact details, but saying something along the lines of 'he's a dangerous man from the base we were at previously and here's what to look out for, and if you see that or him, get to somewhere safe.' sounds like a decent thing to do."

Amelia silently eyes Madeline, but her attention remains on Jacob for the moment.

One thing at a time.
OOC: And in response to the Ranger...
Madeline returns Amelia's gaze with a cool one of her own, but otherwise just observes and waits.

Last edited:

shadowsaint007

So bear-y glad!
Validated User
"If Ab'gail is spy, must have reasons to spy. Must have suspicions, or be told who to spy on, what to listen for. So if Ab'gail is spy, probably learned more from Jake than only Jake's words."

He shrugs. "But if not spy, is no worry."
"I'll try to check more into Abigail," he says, "but rest assured I'm not doing a 180 again."
That's definitely a smirk.

"Kurg not blame Jake. Ab'gail is pretty, for skinny dog."
"Ah, stow it, wise guy," Jake replies in annoyance.
Amelia lets out a sharp breath.

"Has the world become so bloody simple that there are only two types of people, those one should not trust even with precautions and those one can trust without reservations?

It speaks very poorly of one's judgment of others to go from certainty that a amiable neighbor's curiosity is suspicious to seeking to satisfy that curiosity and to protect her from one's enemies so suddenly and with so little reason why!

Let us imagine that one meets a young lady interested in German history. Will one go between refusing to share anything and wanting to protect them as cavalierly as one did here?"
"Alright, I got it, Captain," Jake sighs. "It won't happen again, I promise. I'm not going to see spies everywhere I look, and I'm not going to get sloppy with this stuff again. I'll avoid talking about us, our mission, or our enemies to every pretty face I meet, alright?

"And for the record, no, I'll just make something up, and avoid giving away too much. Nothing about the mission, nothing about Vollmacher unless she's already in the know, and nothing about why I'm really infiltrating the Full Maker's society."
Madeline's expression says she doesn't quite agree that Amelia has a point, or perhaps she takes particular issue with the way and manner she is making such point, but she says "Either we need to be more careful with what we tell others or what? You didn't exactly finish there Jake."

"But still, if she's going to get that bothered about it and bring up Francis and our landlady, I feel she unintentionally made a point she wasn't meaning to. We should go ahead and give them forewarning about Vollmacher. We don't have to give exact details, but saying something along the lines of 'he's a dangerous man from the base we were at previously and here's what to look out for, and if you see that or him, get to somewhere safe.' sounds like a decent thing to do."
"Or else we get ourselves or others in trouble," Jake says. "And right now, she's right; alerting everyone about Vollmacher means more people are in on it, meaning the bigger the chance of a leak and Vollmacher will know we know. It might seem ridiculous, but alerting everyone would be counterproductive; we'd either have a panic on our hands or we'd allow Vollmacher to prepare and take us by surprise. We should keep our eyes open and alert the authorities once we have a confirmed sighting."

BunBun299

Killer Rabbit
Validated User
"I think warning everyone we meet about a Blood Mage would be counter productive," Leila says. "Most people here don't believe magic even exists, just the psi talents some people have. And they've never even heard of a Nazi. Based on past experience with him, I doubt he's going to show up in the middle of the city, anyway.

"In particular, we should not tell Mary. At best, she'll think we're crazy. At worst, she'll believe us, and kick us out for attracting dangerous people to her building. And ignorance might actually be a decent defense for some people. If they do see him, they're unlikely to do anything to provoke him. He's evil, but I don't think he's quite so stupid as to draw attention to himself by murdering random people in the streets."

Leila stands up, then stands on one foot, stretching her other leg up and around her head. "I think Jake probably handled questioning Abigail about as well as can be expected. Better endear himself to her, make her relax. She's not going to just admit she works for Canem. And she might not. It might be she met him once, and he used that persuasion power of his to order her to watch us. In any case, it's not that important. We don't even have any real plans yet for her to report to him on." She switches the legs she's balancing on and stretching. "For now, we know, or at least can reasonably guess, she's connected to him. Better the spy we know about, than the one we don't."

Elfwine

Validated User
Amelia is silent for thirty seconds of intense concentration.

"Sergeant. I appreciate that you understand that giving away secrets to strangers is ill-advised, but that is not what concerns me.

We have known Miss Poindexter for a very short period of time. Any judgment of her character or loyalties is little more than a first impression, and largely speculative.

I am concerned that your judgment is too hasty and too reluctant to acknowledge any possibility between 'spy' and 'trustworthy' or that any other possibility should be considered."

RainbowSparkle91

Fluffy Goat Monster
Validated User
"I wasn't suggesting we tell them he's a blood mage, just that he's dangerous and has a bit vendetta against us, but I suppose the bit about kicking us is at least one reason not to say anything... at least, not until we see some reason to worry Vollmacher or some of his goons or thralls aren't checking the place out."

Amelia is silent for thirty seconds of intense concentration.

"Sergeant. I appreciate that you understand that giving away secrets to strangers is ill-advised, but that is not what concerns me.

We have known Miss Poindexter for a very short period of time. Any judgment of her character or loyalties is little more than a first impression, and largely speculative.

I am concerned that your judgment is too hasty and too reluctant to acknowledge any possibility between 'spy' and 'trustworthy' or that any other possibility should be considered."
Madeline blinks, then asks "Did you not just hear that he admitted he was sloppy and he won't do it again?" It takes Madeline a second more to catch the true point that Amelia is getting at, and she shrugs and asks "So your thinking that one instance, on slip up, is enough to think he views everything as purely black and white?" She pauses, then adds, "So what?"

"The only reason he really ended up thinking her a spy rather than a nosy neighbor was because of how she reacted to Canem's name, unless I really missed something or wasn't paying attention."

Top Bottom