• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Requiem for the Gods re-continued

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Kurg turns to Amelia. "If Kurg not mistaken, Ame'la objects because Jake made sharp turn. First thinks Ab'gail is spy, then tells her secrets. Is no . . ."

He thinks for a moment. "Kurg can be polite with hairless Francis, but not tell secrets," he says. "Kurg can be friendly with short-eared Bob, but only tell Bob Kurg is not from Carrigmoor base. Ame'la think Jake overcomp'sate, go from no trust to all trust. Is wiser to be friendly, but not tell all secrets, hey?"

He cocks an eyebrow at Amelia, inviting her to correct him if he's wrong.

Selina frowns. "So, you think this Abigail is a spy for - Canem, wasn't it? Should we be doing something about her?"

Elfwine

Validated User
Kurg turns to Amelia. "If Kurg not mistaken, Ame'la objects because Jake made sharp turn. First thinks Ab'gail is spy, then tells her secrets. Is no . . ."

He thinks for a moment. "Kurg can be polite with hairless Francis, but not tell secrets," he says. "Kurg can be friendly with short-eared Bob, but only tell Bob Kurg is not from Carrigmoor base. Ame'la think Jake overcomp'sate, go from no trust to all trust. Is wiser to be friendly, but not tell all secrets, hey?"

Amelia looks back to Kurg.

"Yes. And even if he has only told what he said he has told, it is still a sharp turn between mistrust and trust."

Last edited:

BunBun299

Killer Rabbit
Validated User

Selina frowns. "So, you think this Abigail is a spy for - Canem, wasn't it? Should we be doing something about her?"
Leila puts both legs down on the floor and shakes her head at Selina, "No. We don't know for sure, we just suspect. And I think she's mostly harmless anyway. Plus, like I was saying, better we know where a potential spy is. If we end up 'doing something about her', we might not catch on to the next one so quickly."

shadowsaint007

So bear-y glad!
Validated User
Amelia is silent for thirty seconds of intense concentration.

"Sergeant. I appreciate that you understand that giving away secrets to strangers is ill-advised, but that is not what concerns me.

We have known Miss Poindexter for a very short period of time. Any judgment of her character or loyalties is little more than a first impression, and largely speculative.

I am concerned that your judgment is too hasty and too reluctant to acknowledge any possibility between 'spy' and 'trustworthy' or that any other possibility should be considered."
"Then rest assured it will not happen again," Jake replies. "Civilians will be treated cordially until they are suspected of something, and even then, the best solution would be to keep up a friendly face until such a time we can confirm or disprove said suspicions. No more 180s or flip-flops."
"I wasn't suggesting we tell them he's a blood mage, just that he's dangerous and has a bit vendetta against us, but I suppose the bit about kicking us is at least one reason not to say anything... at least, not until we see some reason to worry Vollmacher or some of his goons or thralls aren't checking the place out."
"That's been our course of action so far, though some people might want to know why he should be considered dangerous."
Madeline blinks, then asks "Did you not just hear that he admitted he was sloppy and he won't do it again?" It takes Madeline a second more to catch the true point that Amelia is getting at, and she shrugs and asks "So your thinking that one instance, on slip up, is enough to think he views everything as purely black and white?" She pauses, then adds, "So what?"

"The only reason he really ended up thinking her a spy rather than a nosy neighbor was because of how she reacted to Canem's name, unless I really missed something or wasn't paying attention."
"It was stupid and careless of me, and I should have known better," Jake says, stone-faced. "Right now, the concern is to contain the damage, preferably while keeping Abigail non-hostile."

"That's... that's probably the best way to put it," Jake says with a sad smile. "Probably should have kept that in mind."
"What would you suggest?" Seiran offers. "Kill her? Kidnap her? We can only keep an eye on her, try to be friendly without telling her any other secrets, and try to keep the damage contained to a minimum."
Amelia looks back to Kurg.

"Yes. And even if he has only told what he said he has told, it is still a sharp turn between mistrust and trust."
Jake stays silent, though it is more a guilty silence. Right now, he's just waiting for the final decision.
Leila puts both legs down on the floor and shakes her head at Selina, "No. We don't know for sure, we just suspect. And I think she's mostly harmless anyway. Plus, like I was saying, better we know where a potential spy is. If we end up 'doing something about her', we might not catch on to the next one so quickly."
"Probably the wise thing to do right now about her," Jake admits.

RainbowSparkle91

Fluffy Goat Monster
Validated User

"That's a much nicer and more polite way of describing what she was saying Kurg. Thank you." Madeline says, smiling to the Orc before her eyes briefly glance to Amelia. Then her attention turns to Selina at her question.

"Nah, we don't know if she's a spy. We just know that when we mentioned the name Canem, Jake saw her flinch. So that means..." Madeline waves her hands in a nebulous manner, "Something. Not sure what. As for what to do, honestly I'd say nothing. There's nothing right now that says we need to talk or deal with her further save as neighbors in these apartments unless Jake feels we should try to and pry for if she knows about Canem, or she ends up presenting us with a lead of some kind."

Elfwine

Validated User
"Then rest assured it will not happen again," Jake replies. "Civilians will be treated cordially until they are suspected of something, and even then, the best solution would be to keep up a friendly face until such a time we can confirm or disprove said suspicions. No more 180s or flip-flops."
"Very well. See that it does not." Amelia responds crisply.

She looks at to her datapad, and types in a few things.

Spoiler: Show

To: Wilson, Jacob.
Subject: Bismarck and Tirpitz

Both the Bismarck and the Tirpitz are described as "Neptune-class ships," with a crew of a dozen and a respectable cargo size. From context, they seem to be rather large, but not the biggest around.
two sunwing bays are standard, but it would be possible to modify them to hold more by sacrificing some cargo space. Cruising speed is such that either ship could travel from one base to another within two or three days - as each base is on a different orbiting moon, the distance between them varies wildly. Under normal circumstances - i.e., mining and cargo transport - Neptune-class ships can go for a month or more before resupplying.

It also appears that these ship's are equipped with reinforced duralloy armor plating and fore- and aft-mounted ion cannons in case of xen attack.
Given intended mission:
Strong possibility of holding additional sunwings.
May have been customized for defence.
Possibly able to function as auxiliary cruisers, with similar results versus real warships.

The possibility that secret modifications have been made must be kept in mind.

A.E. Hunter

OOC: No one else mentioned wanting to see Amelia's notes on the ships' specifics, but I'll gladly edit this to her sending this to anyone else interested if people want to say they cared. Otherwise, well, her notes are still saved on her datapad if anyone asks later.

"The rest of my research, now that we have finished." she says simply, looking up from her datapad.

To Madeline and the group at large...

"I am not Sergeant Wilson, but I think it might be a good idea to learn how Miss Poindexter has heard the name Canem if we can do so discretely. It may be useful to us to know if he has been seen on this base."

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Well, I didn't mean we should strangle her and throw her out an airlock," Selina mutters. "At least, not right away."

"Nah, we don't know if she's a spy. We just know that when we mentioned the name Canem, Jake saw her flinch. So that means..." Madeline waves her hands in a nebulous manner, "Something. Not sure what. As for what to do, honestly I'd say nothing. There's nothing right now that says we need to talk or deal with her further save as neighbors in these apartments unless Jake feels we should try to and pry for if she knows about Canem, or she ends up presenting us with a lead of some kind."
Selina does something on her datapad. "C-A-N-E-M?" she asks. "Latin for dog. I'm seeing several places that use the word in their names, mostly catering to chimeras. No idea whether they're associated with your friend, or if he'd use his name openly if he's, um, special like you guys."

OOC: No one else mentioned wanting to see Amelia's notes on the ships' specifics, but I'll gladly edit this to her sending this to anyone else interested if people want to say they cared. Otherwise, well, her notes are still saved on her datapad if anyone asks later.
"Kurg would like information on spaceships," the orc says. "Kurg is not sure how will be useful, but cannot hurt to be informed, hey?"

"The rest of my research, now that we have finished." she says simply, looking up from her datapad.

To Madeline and the group at large...

"I am not Sergeant Wilson, but I think it might be a good idea to learn how Miss Poindexter has heard the name Canem if we can do so discretely. It may be useful to us to know if he has been seen on this base."
"I guess you don't want to just ask her," Selina muses. "If she's an enemy she'd just lie, and then she'd be on guard. Of course, if I was her, I'd have bugged this place already, so she could know everything anyone has said here."

"Bug?" Kurg says curiously.

"Yeah, like a listening device," Selina explains. "Something to record audio, probably, like -"

She cuts off, as if struck by some sudden realization, and you see her ears turn red with embarrassment. She looks around, then opens up a word processing program on her datapad, types a few words, and holds it up for you all to read while pointing to Madeline, Seiran and Leila.

LIKE THE BUGS SKIPPY HAD PUT ON YOUR PADS WHILE WE WERE AT THE MEETING.

She mouths "sorry," but does not speak aloud, looking absolutely crushed.

OOC: What's the plan, gang? Do I jump ahead to the next day, or not yet?

BunBun299

Killer Rabbit
Validated User
"Well, I didn't mean we should strangle her and throw her out an airlock," Selina mutters. "At least, not right away."

Selina does something on her datapad. "C-A-N-E-M?" she asks. "Latin for dog. I'm seeing several places that use the word in their names, mostly catering to chimeras. No idea whether they're associated with your friend, or if he'd use his name openly if he's, um, special like you guys."

"Kurg would like information on spaceships," the orc says. "Kurg is not sure how will be useful, but cannot hurt to be informed, hey?"

"I guess you don't want to just ask her," Selina muses. "If she's an enemy she'd just lie, and then she'd be on guard. Of course, if I was her, I'd have bugged this place already, so she could know everything anyone has said here."

"Yeah, like a listening device," Selina explains. "Something to record audio, probably, like -"

She cuts off, as if struck by some sudden realization, and you see her ears turn red with embarrassment. She looks around, then opens up a word processing program on her datapad, types a few words, and holds it up for you all to read while pointing to Madeline, Seiran and Leila.

Leila's eyes narrow, then she steps up to Selina, holding out her datapad. "How do we remove them?"

Elfwine

Validated User
"Quite."

Amelia types out a copy of the message sent to Jacob, and sends it to Kurg.

"If anyone else is interested, please tell me."

Amelia looks more curious than concerned

"Prudent." she says clinically, turning from Selina's datapad to look at the faces of the three colleagues in question.

Last edited:

RainbowSparkle91

Fluffy Goat Monster
Validated User

Madeline blinks, then she growls and hisses, her tail poofing up angrily as her ears flatten. She had still been somewhat irritated from earlier, so it made it much, much easier for her to go from a low simmer to a blazing boil.

However, rather than saying anything, she types out a message to Skippy, and it is blunt and to the point.

OOC: TO SKIPPY:
Turn your bugs off. Now.

She looks to Selina and says "I'm not mad at you. But I am mad at her. Again."

Top Bottom