• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Return of He-Man

Owesome

Social Justice Warmonger
Validated User
I'm not at all sure what He-Man would bring to the current She-Ra series, to be honest, in terms of the narrative and thematic beats that are driving the Princesses of Power storyline, but they have enough goodwill from me to withhold judgement should such a thing come to pass.

Manitou

Emperor of the Americas
Validated User
Teela was (secretly and unbeknownst to her) the daughter of the Sorceress and I think maybe supposed to one day become the next Sorceress? (It's been awhile.) I could see that arc following. If you're saying "Teela uncovers the secrets of Grayskull," that seems like the one you're uncovering.

And that ties in directly to He-Man, since... okay, this is sad, I haven't watched this in forever, and I honestly cannot remember what was toy lore and what was show lore, but... didn't you need both He-Man's sword and Skeletor's sword to control the castle? Or something? And the Sorceress was in the castle?

Anyway, it sounds like we might actually resolve the whole sword-castle thing, which would be cool.
Skeletors sword being half of He-man's is only canon for the mini-comics that came with the toys. Also the live action movie also had them merge.

The 2000's revamp series explained that He-man's sword and power was originally King Greyskull's.
Who was a sort of He-man as a barbarian. He also road a green lion the size of an elephant. The new show will likely ignore and contradict this.

And yes, there was an episode that revealed Teela was the sorceress' daighter, but she had her mind wiped sof this knowledge by the sorceress because shut up! The revamp had a similar episode where Teela needed a blood transfusion, so the sorceressgave ger some of her own, and Teela devoped telepathic powers for a little while. She didn't quite discover anything in this version though.

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User
I'm not at all sure what He-Man would bring to the current She-Ra series, to be honest, in terms of the narrative and thematic beats that are driving the Princesses of Power storyline, but they have enough goodwill from me to withhold judgement should such a thing come to pass.
I only ever saw S1, but I imagined it would bring all the world building around castle greyskull, the origins of the power and all that. And I guess details around Hordak (him being Skeletors Umm master and all).

Manitou

Emperor of the Americas
Validated User
Might make sense for Horde Prime to be his master in nuShe-ra.
Also, He-man is She-ra's brother. In OG continuity it was Adam/He-man who gave Adora/She-ra her sword. Maybe reverse that. Have the rebellion find a new sword, when Adora holds both and trans forms maybe she gets a vision, and then has to us both swords.to open a new portal, tracelling to an Eternia being conquered by Skeletor. She gives Adam the new sword and he is able to access Greyskull, awaking the sorceress and becoming He-man. His first mission might be to free his parents and Man-At-Arms. Use them to rally the troops and beat back Skeletors army. That forces them to refreat back to their half of the planet. Then She-ra sees a vision of her friends in dire need. Realisimg she can't abandon her friends, the nuMOTU help her open a one way portal back to her world. Ideally with some new instruction manuals on "first ones" tech. And may e some new first ones tech.

Litpho

Wandering stranger
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Might make sense for Horde Prime to be his master in nuShe-ra.
Also, He-man is She-ra's brother. In OG continuity it was Adam/He-man who gave Adora/She-ra her sword. Maybe reverse that. Have the rebellion find a new sword, when Adora holds both and trans forms maybe she gets a vision, and then has to us both swords.to open a new portal, tracelling to an Eternia being conquered by Skeletor. She gives Adam the new sword and he is able to access Greyskull.
"By the Power of Greyskull!"
- "No, no, no! I said 'For the Honor of Greyskull'. This is going to take forever, isn't it?"

darkgloomie

Un-jiggly
Validated User
If He-man brings anything to She-ra, it'll do with her personal storyline rather than the bigger Eteria/Princesses story.

Adora was still stolen away from her world, and she knows it. She also has found out some things about who her people were, but it's still all nebulous stuff. She has nothing to connect her to her people, her family, her heritage, and with what's been her family for most of her life being Shadowweaver and Catra she could want to find whether blood connections would make better family, despite having Glimmer and Bow right there.

Also He-Man could be someone who Gets It, someone she can gripe with about all the bullshit the Swords and the mysterious mentors put them through.

Manitou

Emperor of the Americas
Validated User
Im fine with this, except..

they're keeping Orco. (n)

He's like the Jaja Binks of the MOTU.
Actually Orko is a competent and powerful mage in his home realm and he only has trouble here because he lost his amulet. He chose to lose it again to save someone in one of the episodes I remember. That they play him for comic relief doesn't make him a jarjar.

Albion

Perfidious
Validated User
Not sure how they could mix honestly. Though I could see she ra use a diffrent younger adam/he-man
Yes, I was thinking more of a Princesses of Power specific instance of He-Man rather than a direct crossover with any of the other versions. Plus the possibility of other MOTU elements besides He-Man himself.

Kreuzritter

Validated User
Actually Orko is a competent and powerful mage in his home realm and he only has trouble here because he lost his amulet. He chose to lose it again to save someone in one of the episodes I remember. That they play him for comic relief doesn't make him a jarjar.
case in point, EVERY 80's cartoon had a character like that. as I vaguely recall, bumbling comic relief that he was, Orko was regarded as one of the better ones

Yes, I was thinking more of a Princesses of Power specific instance of He-Man rather than a direct crossover with any of the other versions. Plus the possibility of other MOTU elements besides He-Man himself.
well, we already had the surprise guest spot of a 2nd stringer MOTU villain, so the door is at the least ajar

Top Bottom