• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Return of He-Man

Dave999

Validated User
If they made adorable He-Man for She-Ra, I assume he'd be best done as Adam first, He-Man second.

Kreuzritter

Validated User
If they made adorable He-Man for She-Ra, I assume he'd be best done as Adam first, He-Man second.
well, I'm sure some elements of "What's Goin' on" will be in there. main thing is that most of the character beats they could give him are already taken up by Bow and Sea Hawk

Albion

Perfidious
Validated User
I'm not at all sure what He-Man would bring to the current She-Ra series, to be honest, in terms of the narrative and thematic beats that are driving the Princesses of Power storyline, but they have enough goodwill from me to withhold judgement should such a thing come to pass.
If He-man brings anything to She-ra, it'll do with her personal storyline rather than the bigger Eteria/Princesses story.
Family has been a big theme for She-Ra and they have made Adora's origin an explicit plot point. He-Man can mean not just Adam but King Randor and Queen Marlena... or even Dare (Adam and Teela's son in the Classics toyline and an unfilmed sequel series concept) although that would probably require time travel. They are a logical endpoint of Adora's personal arc. Some foreshadowing, references, cameos, etc might be appropriate to build to that. I think She-Ra is more likely to do more with that family dynamic than the new He-Man.

Also, the wider universe could mean other elements are on the table. I got my hopes up a bit that season 3 might include the Snakemen but that didn't work out. They might actually be possible in a future season, however.

Manitou

Emperor of the Americas
Validated User
AFAIK Dare was Adam and Teela's adopted son. I only bring that up because that could mean he is Adora's biological son sent to Eternia for some reason.

Zehnseiter

Validated User
I've read that the two shows won't be connected.
Sure they do tell us this. After all they want it to be a surprise when they unleash a crossover episode on their viewers.....
Those are two linked properties. That run both on Netflix. They can tell me a lot of things but not that they won't capitalize on that.

And before I forget to mention it:

New He-Man series. Fuck yeah. My inner child is hopping with joy. :D

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
Sure they do tell us this. After all they want it to be a surprise when they unleash a crossover episode on their viewers.....
Those are two linked properties. That run both on Netflix. They can tell me a lot of things but not that they won't capitalize on that.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a little confused as well with them doing this as it certainly seems something that would be perfect for a cross over, but on the other side I don't have trouble seeing a Kevin Smith series being compatible with the She-Ra series.

I expect a different art style and themes from He-Man and I don't quite see how those will mesh.

Granted, we don't know much, we've got a single image, but compare the power sword here to the sword of protection here. I'm having trouble seeing how those two are going to work together. I suppose they could just adopt each other's art style should the cross over happen.

Qwa'ha Xahn

High King of the Known Worlds
Validated User
I don’t think Smith’s show sounds like it’ll be a good crossover. The tones just sound wildly divergent. That, and the wildly different art styles will make a direct crossover very difficult.
Here’s my prediction: Adora will eventually go through a portal. She’ll come back crying, tell everybody she met her parents and her brother, etc., but we won’t actually see it.

Then the showrunners will sit back and let the howling of the fans convince Netflix and Hasbro to get over it and to just let He-Man appear in both shows because audiences are smart and can handle seeing two different versions of a character at once. Plus, the Smith thing sounds like a limited series, and Smith is a busy guy- it might not hurt to have another version ready to step up.

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User
I don’t think Smith’s show sounds like it’ll be a good crossover. The tones just sound wildly divergent. That, and the wildly different art styles will make a direct crossover very difficult.
Here’s my prediction: Adora will eventually go through a portal. She’ll come back crying, tell everybody she met her parents and her brother, etc., but we won’t actually see it.

Then the showrunners will sit back and let the howling of the fans convince Netflix and Hasbro to get over it and to just let He-Man appear in both shows because audiences are smart and can handle seeing two different versions of a character at once. Plus, the Smith thing sounds like a limited series, and Smith is a busy guy- it might not hurt to have another version ready to step up.
Maybe it could go wacky and use OG SheRa?

Qwa'ha Xahn

High King of the Known Worlds
Validated User
Maybe it could go wacky and use OG SheRa?
Oh! You know I usually hate it when shows mangle cannon... but I kinda like that idea. Just replace He-Man with Adora’s twin sister.

Another way they could go would be to play with the timeline, say time moves slower in Despondos or something. The comics eventually got to King He-man, Queen Teela, and their son Dare. Anyway- they could have a King Adam as her brother, Dare as the “By the power of Greyskull!” sword guy- and never actually have to mention the name He-man.

Last edited:
Top Bottom