• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Return of He-Man

s/LaSH

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Having watched the whole 80's series recently with my kids, this reputation is pretty well undeserved. The series is a mixed bag, and some episodes are weak and some moments are truly preposterous, but there are also a whole lot of really cool swords and sorcery/science fantasy stories in there., some really good recurring characters, etc.
Ahem, hem, hem:

"Surely it couldn't hold a candle to more ambitious stories like Babylon 5."

Owesome

Social Justice Warmonger
Validated User
Having watched the whole 80's series recently with my kids, this reputation is pretty well undeserved. The series is a mixed bag, and some episodes are weak and some moments are truly preposterous, but there are also a whole lot of really cool swords and sorcery/science fantasy stories in there., some really good recurring characters, etc.
I've always thought of He-Man as a freaking amazing setting that was poorly served by the Standards and Practices, Reagan era, moralistic storytelling imperatives of the time.

Even as a kid, after a while, something in my head clicked and went "wait, every episode is just a really patronising morality tale."

Then again if theres a list of Actually Good Episodes I'd love to revisit them.

Top Bottom