• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Rifts wants players to shine?

R

RPGnet Columns

Post originally by Skinner's Pigeon at 2006-01-03 07:21:24
Converted from Phorums BB System

Anybody who claims that RIFTS cares more about the players than it does about writer-fetish NPCs and their pointless stories obviously has never heard of Erin Tarn.

Or Splynncryth the Splugorth. Or Archie. Or Emperor Prosek. Or Lord Mez Frommaline! The 'miniboss' monster with a full page of backstory that no player will ever know, given that his whole purpose is to get blown up.

Too much NyQuil, in my opinion. Stupidly overimportant NPCs is one of the top three reasons I dumped RIFTS (the other two being, of course, power creep and craptacular rules).

R

RPGnet Columns

Post originally by Jerry D. Grayson at 2006-01-04 15:55:56
Converted from Phorums BB System

Someone drank their hater-aid today....

but seriously, you missing the point. Im not saying there arent any NPCs in Rift book there are quite a few. The diffrence is that the PC are what the games about. how many diffrent OCC/RCCs are there in any given book. compared to a presitge class in a D20 book? Rifts outshines any sourcebook as far as player info.

San Dee Jota

Validated User
200 different types of crap is still crap. Yes, you can turn it into fertilizer and make it useful, but that says more about your resourcefulness than good things for the crap.

Rifts is crap. Some people can make it into fertilizer to play with, but don't get upset when the rest of us still complain about the smell you bring.

D.J.

E-Liz

Banned
Hmmm.. more RIFTS hate. So sad.

We've had more fun with RIFTS and the entire Palladium system than any other system we've tried.

JonA

Semi-retired Mod
RPGnet Member
PultneyPlastic Collective said:

We've had more fun with RIFTS and the entire Palladium system than any other system we've tried.
Pop into Roleplaying Open sometime and the love/hate relationship with Rifts will REALLY become apparant!

E-Liz

Banned
I try to keep out of the way otherwise things would get... messy. :p

Remember the whole dustup over LUG vs CODA-system at Trek-RPG.net? :D

JonA

Semi-retired Mod
RPGnet Member
I try to keep out of the way otherwise things would get... messy. :p

Remember the whole dustup over LUG vs CODA-system at Trek-RPG.net? :D
Blanked from my mind.

ross_winn

freelance geek

and that is the same thing I hear from hundreds of players. those who dismiss it simply because it isn't cool or hip deserve derision. those that have an informed opinion deserve theirs, but they don't deserve to deride yours.

Top Bottom