Rime of the Ancient RPer...

M.D. Little

Validated User
Howdy folks, new to RPG.Net...not exactly new to gaming. How 'not new'?...oh, I'd say I started when Dungeons & Dragons had a blue and white cover with counter sheets representing die types (with totals on the reverse side) that you could cut up and stick In a cup to determine random die totals. Think I've dabbled in almost every gaming systems and genres out there...think I finally found my niche (...only took 30+ years...). Avid fan of the Cortex Plus System...and eagerly await Cortex Prime. As I enjoy freelance writing, narrative game play somehow hit the 'sweet spot' with me. I adore Marvel Heroic Roleplaying and have been privy to see the system used to represent literally any known genre...even participated in a game where the GM replaced the entire D&D system with a colossal hack adaption for MHR - it worked insanely well. I think it goes without saying, but I most definitely am looking for a MHR/Cortex game to join. I'm currently running a MHR PbP game based on another former existing game called City of Heroes online (...a no longer published game based on a no longer running MMORPG seemed fitting...) on a different message server, and may consider doing so here if there's an interest.

AndrewTBP

You are Number 6
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Welcome to the forums!
I’m sure there would be interest in your PbP game.

Arethusa

Sophipygian
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Anecdotal, but I do personally irl know more than one person still mourning the end of City of Heroes.

Welcome to RPGnet.

M.D. Little

Validated User
Well, I'm almost finished doing a test run on a CoX hack on MHR's Breakout Event. Instead of the Raft, it's Zigursky Penitentiary, and I used nothing but home brewed opposition for continuity purposes (...because it'd be kind of weird to have Electro show up in Paragon City...). I noticed there's no dice rolling feature here so I'm not too certain how that'd pan out (…I'm guessing the honor system?...). I'm certainly interested in doing another test run as I'd like to see how different characters handle the situation. There ended up being many, many moral and ethical quandaries to ponder as the game progressed making for a fairly interesting read (...at least on my part...). As I allowed participants to play as a hero or a villain, there was inter-player conflict as well as general opposition from within the Zig itself. It's ended up being a crucible of sorts where individual professions of status were put to the test - it was a time where heroes shined, and anti-heroes most assuredly showed their true colors. Having player run villains thrown into the mix simply added more variety and interest - not all villains were the stereotypical ne'er-do-wells.

Old Man Vegan

Validated User
There is a dice roller here but it's hella funky. If you edit your post, you'll see [at the bottom] the option to roll dice. It's fine for a very simple roll, e.g. 3d6., but it would be a right pain in the arse to roll an MHR dice pool.

You're [probably] better off using coyotecode.net/roll or orokos.com

Top Bottom