• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

River of London tv series in the works.

Tonbo_Karasu

Validated User
I was trying to find Ben's own dream cast list, but it appears to have got lost. Does anyone else remember where it is, or what was on it?

kenichi-kun

Validated User
Random idea: what if we could have a noir-style narration from Peter in the series? A lot of the books are about Peter's thoughts, and I think it could be an interesting dash of genre into the story? There's a lot of stuff about police work put down into the books as well.

Propagandor

Square-Cube Law Compliant
Validated User
I wonder how they'll handle Lesley. Audiences tend to already hate ambitious competent women (she's arguably more competent than Peter for most of the first few books)

Later books comments
Spoiler: Show
Lesley's actions in later books need to be a shock. Without Peter's running inner monologue about how much he trusts her that may be hard

Dromio

Validated User
Random idea: what if we could have a noir-style narration from Peter in the series? A lot of the books are about Peter's thoughts, and I think it could be an interesting dash of genre into the story? There's a lot of stuff about police work put down into the books as well.
That was my thought too. I think it could work very well.

Taraqual

Words words words
Validated User
Never heard of these, but I like what I see. Hope this turns out well.
If you like urban fantasy, especially in the "detective in a supernatural world" vein, these are highly recommended. Not only is the magic interesting and the mythos just different enough to be fun to explore, but Peter Grant is just fundamentally a policeman who wants to do good police work. Yes, he wants to learn to throw a fireball, but he'd rather deescalate and handle supernatural evidence with proper chain-of-custody and create solid forensic techniques.

macd21

Validated User
If you like urban fantasy, especially in the "detective in a supernatural world" vein, these are highly recommended. Not only is the magic interesting and the mythos just different enough to be fun to explore, but Peter Grant is just fundamentally a policeman who wants to do good police work. Yes, he wants to learn to throw a fireball, but he'd rather deescalate and handle supernatural evidence with proper chain-of-custody and create solid forensic techniques.
I think Peter’s reaction to the discovery of magic is probably the most realistic ‘so magic is real in a modern setting’ depictions I’ve ever seen. Basically ‘let’s science the shit out of this!’ combined with ‘oh fuck.’

Top Bottom