Rochester, NH Basic Fantasy RPG Barrowmaze Open Table

Another long time gamer in the coastal NH/ME area and I are running a biweekly game of Greg Gillespie's 'Barrowmaze' using the Basic Fantasy RPG rules at Jetpack Comics in Rochester, NH this summer, fall and potentially beyond.

We've run two sessions and had a blast! Barrowmaze really plays well into the come-when-you-can open table concept and BFRPG is a nice entry point for new and old gamers with quick to learn and open source rules.

For those not familiar, BFRPG is a OSR game strongly in the style of Moldvay/Cook B/X, so expect high lethality, fast-paced action and pig-faced orcs.

We're looking to grow the game and build up a regular or rotating cast. If you're a gamer in the area and interested in joining, write me here or via the link to the event below.

Jetpack has been kind enough to post our game on their Facebook calendar and I'd encourage anyone interested in going now or in the future to RSVP as interested or going to give us an idea of how many will be attending and to keep up on news.

The next session is Sunday 6/24, from 10 AM - 1 PM, with snacks at the table to get everyone through to lunch. We've had to play hopscotch with holidays for a while, but should be back to a biweekly schedule from then into the fall.

We've switched to Tuesdays, 5:30 - 8, starting July 17, in an effort to find a day more convenient for busy summer schedules. We've had a great time so far and are hoping this will allow more players to join in the fun!

We've had a change of venue and are now playing at Pop Culture Cards, Comics, Collectibles and Gaming in Raymond, NH on Wednesday nights from 5:30 - 10. Our next session is tomorrow 6 Jan at 5:30. (Link to Facebook group)

We're still having a great time and enjoying the longer hours at Pop Culture, as well as a very active gaming community (games of 5e and LOT5R fill up the rest of the room). We'd love to build up the old school segment of the population.

As always it's an open table game, so anyone is welcome to come once to check it out or join us regularly.

Jame - sorry for the lack of reply; I haven't been checking in on the forums. If you happen to still be looking for a game and anything's changed in the transportation department, let us know: we'd love to have you! I'll send a PM as this thread's likely off your radar too.

Top Bottom