• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Rock Concerts You've Been At!

Mr. Ex Nihilo

Validated User
My list is long and I'm sure there are plenty of shows/artists I've forgotten especially some of the side bands at larger festivals. Trying to put dates to everything, while not impossible, isn't worth the effort. I'll just list some of the bands I have seen live in no particular order...

...and I had tickets to Led Zeppelin in '77, but the show (along with the rest of the NA Tour) was canceled after Plant's son died.
That is an impressive list!

Kiss, Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band, Journey, Aerosmith, Fleetwood Mac and the Kinks would on be the top of my list. You must have really like Aerosmith because you noted them twice.

Mr. Ex Nihilo

Validated User
I noticed Weird Al Yankovic is a name that has occurred often. Odd, since I would not have figured him to be a big attraction. I didn't even know that we really toured.

mac40k

Validated User
That is an impressive list!

Kiss, Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band, Journey, Aerosmith, Fleetwood Mac and the Kinks would on be the top of my list. You must have really like Aerosmith because you noted them twice.
Actually, Aerosmith is Ex-wife's favorite band. Since I made the list stream of consciousness, I guess I didn't realize I'd already mentioned them earlier. Doh! Allow me to substitute the Joe Perry Project in it's place since I left Joe's side project off the list.

Mikey Boy

A person
Validated User
My setlist.fm page tells me I've been to 557 concerts, by 419 artists. And there are certainly gigs I've been to that aren't recorded there. Even if I knew how to export that list in such a way as to be able to post it here, I'm not sure it would be to anyone's benefit me doing so...

Last one was White Denim, who were one of the headliners at the Visions festival in London a couple of weeks ago, although I did manage to catch the last 15 mins of the other headliner, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, afterwards. Both were great, although most of the oher bands I saw that day were a bit meh.

Mr. Ex Nihilo

Validated User
My setlist.fm page tells me I've been to 557 concerts, by 419 artists. And there are certainly gigs I've been to that aren't recorded there. Even if I knew how to export that list in such a way as to be able to post it here, I'm not sure it would be to anyone's benefit me doing so...
557 Concerts! May I ask what was the very first concert you went to?

Harlander

Almost determinedly non-useful
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm not really a very big concert attender, but I've seen Sonata Arctica live in Amsterdam, Dragonforce (and Neonfly, who I hadn't heard before but ended up really enjoying) on a boat turned into a venue in Bristol, and Triosphere and Turisas in smallish venues here and there (not to mention Pronghorn, [spunge], Hayseed Dixie and a handful of very unfamous and local bands)

I also failed to sneak into a Madness concert, a process which involved walking along a spiralling tree-lined road for a couple of hours. At least we could hear it.

I guess not all these are rock.

Lazarusbug

Validated User
Fantomas (twice)
Peeping Tom
Secret Chiefs 3
Blue October
Hozier

Hopefully upcoming:

Mr. Bungle reunion (Next Year!)

Mr. Ex Nihilo

Validated User
Have to admit, Lazarusbug, I have not heard of any of those bands. But I will look them up and listen to how they sound.

Daigoro

拝大五郎
Validated User
My setlist.fm page tells me I've been to 557 concerts, by 419 artists.
I wouldn't say I've been to 557 concerts, but the topic came up in a conversation a couple of weeks ago, and I had to guesstimate that I'd been to maybe 300. This is going to at least 20 concerts a year for a good 15 years or so, roughly averaged. Now I'm curious as to how many it actually is, and you've shown me the tool for easily figuring it out. However, it seems like a long and dangerously time-consuming path to go down, so I'll have to hold off for a while.

And this was something I didn't realise I had to know until just now, dammit.

ETA:... and wouldn't you know it, but the first gig I entered wasn't in the database. This could take longer than I was expecting.:unsure:

Last edited:
Top Bottom