Roger Dean sue Avatar

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Because, of course, floating mountains are the sole and exclusive copywritten property of Roger Dean.
Exactly. He may have started the trend, but it's become a reasonably widespread thing.

Though some of the more specific things like stoney arches do look pretty Roger Dean.

Last edited:

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It's really the arches. I can think of a half-dozen things with islands like that, but those arches are pretty unusual.

kross

Validated User
It's been awhile since I've pored over my Roger Dean art books, but I seem to recall multicolored flying lizards/dragons too, so it's not just the floating islands and distinctive stone arches.

Ratman_tf

W.A.R.P.
Validated User
It's been awhile since I've pored over my Roger Dean art books, but I seem to recall multicolored flying lizards/dragons too, so it's not just the floating islands and distinctive stone arches.

Hard to find a decent pic of the Toruk.

Mr Teufel

Dashing
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Even so, draconic critters are draconic critters. And there's evidence that plenty of separate development was put into the life-forms... the !horses are more suspicious. But the arches are really convincing, and the overall look certainly helps Dean's case.

Top Bottom