RPG Industry sexual harassment, Mentzer, abuse and what do we do about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akajdrakeh

Pronounced 'akkadrakka'
RPGnet Member
Validated User
See my previous post. I don't support Frank or believe him. I support and believe Jessica. I was trying to get him to SAY OUT LOUD he was calling her a liar.
Sorry, I wasn't replying to you, but to Irlymvhir, John.

The Unshaven

Validated User
A friend sent me this thread, and I felt the need to come out of retirement.

Seeing Matthew McFarland moderating a thread about sexual harassment literally blows my mind.
Well, that's certainly cryptic. Are you suggesting some sort of impropriety on the part of Matt?
Well, then, you should probably come out and say it instead of vaguebooking in some kind of hinky effort to throw shade.
I'm with akajdrakeh: We Need To Know This Shit, and if we can't discuss problems in threads like this where can we.

As such, being coy about it just comes across as obnoxious. Seems like there's no reason not to go into more detail if you're willing to name the person you say is involved.

EDIT: As noted in post #356 after VL Darling's useful reminder, this post is a bad post and should feel bad, and I certainly do. Apologies, folks.

- The Unshaven

Last edited:

Irlymvhir

Validated User
Well, then, you should probably come out and say it instead of vaguebooking in some kind of hinky effort to throw shade.
Sure. He had sex with a 15 year old girl about 18 years ago now, when he was 25. When she was 16 and told him no, he didn't listen.

Those are the only two illegal things I know that he has done in regards to the topic at hand.

Remember Matt, my words can't make you feel things. You're choosing to feel that way.

VL Darling

Banned
I'm with akajdrakeh: We Need To Know This Shit, and if we can't discuss problems in threads like this where can we.

As such, being coy about it just comes across as obnoxious.

- The Unshaven
Can we maybe not call possible-victims obnoxious? I know it sucks to not have details but "dude did uncool shit" is literally all we have to go on for multiple aggressors, and christ knows speaking up - particularly in a space where the aggressor has fans - is fucking HARD. And the initial response in this thread hasn't exactly been welcoming, has it?

'We believe you' ... except if you aren't telling your story in the right way, with enough detail, to the right people apparently.

You wanna make this stuff easier, this kind of response doesn't help at all. Because sometimes that is all you can do - you just can't fathom going into detail for people to finely dissect, and so you just say the broadest thing. And hope people will support you into delving deeper rather than immediately start from 'vaguebooking' and 'obnoxious'.

The Unshaven

Validated User
Can we maybe not call possible-victims obnoxious? I know it sucks to not have details but "dude did uncool shit" is literally all we have to go on for multiple aggressors, and christ knows speaking up - particularly in a space where the aggressor has fans - is fucking HARD. And the initial response in this thread hasn't exactly been welcoming, has it?

'We believe you' ... except if you aren't telling your story in the right way, with enough detail, to the right people apparently.

You wanna make this stuff easier, this kind of response doesn't help at all. Because sometimes that is all you can do - you just can't fathom going into detail for people to finely dissect, and so you just say the broadest thing. And hope people will support you into delving deeper rather than immediately start from 'vaguebooking' and 'obnoxious'.
That's fair. I apologise.

My issue was that it seemed to be more about dismissing the validity of the thread and its conversations due to someone's involvement in moderating it, rather than explaining the problem. However, you're right that my response was exactly as unhelpful as you say.

- The Unshaven

Last edited:

akajdrakeh

Pronounced 'akkadrakka'
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sure. He had sex with a 15 year old girl about 18 years ago now, when he was 25. When she was 16 and told him no, he didn't listen.

Those are the only two illegal things I know that he has done in regards to the topic at hand.

Remember Matt, my words can't make you feel things. You're choosing to feel that way.
Thanks. That is awful, yes.

VL Darling

Banned

Jesus. That's a point that is way too triggering for me personally so I think I need to bow out. But christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom