• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

RPG.net Swim Club and General Anime Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkellis

Validated User
Maoyuu manga - Every time the Demon Lord introduces herself as the Ruby Eye, I wonder if her actual name is Shabranigdo.

Last edited:

Dawgstar

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Maoyuu manga - Every time the Demon Lord introduces herself as the Ruby Eye, I wonder if her actual name is Shabranigdo.
Ha! I would, too.
--

On Symphogear episode 5...

Spoiler: Show
So the naked woman eletrco-torturing the girl who attacked Kanade and Hibiki was certainly something I watched. Yikes. Plus the doctor has super-powers? That's kind of neat. But mostly yikes.

Last edited:

Icarium

Validated User
Watched the latest Symphogear Season 2.

If they kill off Chris or shatter her Symphogear and make her powerless for more than an episode or two, I will be most upset. But there are the usual plot flags suggesting something like that.

(If it's more like the Nanoha A's 'Hurt - now time to kick ass an episode or so down the line' that's fine.)

Also, what caused them to de-synch with their gears the episode prior? Was it that red gas they didn't really comment on, in the base? I /did/ like that the bad guys didn't just curb stomp them because, well, bad guys. But because they somehow desynch'd and weren't able to channel as much power.

Ikselam

may one day be worthy of your grace
Validated User
That was the point where I gave up on it, the first time around. "Oh boy, this is trying so hard to be edgy with the blood and the BDSM and whatnot."

What a mistake. Things start to turn around in the very next episode, before the real wild ride begins in episode 7.

Watched the latest Symphogear Season 2.
If they kill off Chris or shatter her Symphogear and make her powerless for more than an episode or two, I will be most upset. But there are the usual plot flags suggesting something like that.
With all the focus she's been getting, I'm sure something bad is going to happen to her soon. But I am also pretty sure that it will end up being part of an upgrade path. Heck, I am more than half expecting Kanade to come back to life this season.

Also, what caused them to de-synch with their gears the episode prior? Was it that red gas they didn't really comment on, in the base? I /did/ like that the bad guys didn't just curb stomp them because, well, bad guys. But because they somehow desynch'd and weren't able to channel as much power.
Smart money right now is on the gas (which might not have been as visible to the characters as it was to the audience). I suspect it'll be revisited.

One thing I've been enjoying about this season is that after the two teams fight, the good guys will be like, "OMG those guys are really strong, how will we be able to defeat them?" and then two minutes later there'll be a scene where the bad guys are like, "Jesus Christ those guys are way too strong, we're lucky to still be alive!"

Dawgstar

RPGnet Member
Validated User
That was the point where I gave up on it, the first time around. "Oh boy, this is trying so hard to be edgy with the blood and the BDSM and whatnot."

What a mistake. Things start to turn around in the very next episode, before the real wild ride begins in episode 7.
I'm looking forward to it. I liked Hibiki's personal ad to her opponent as the first step in the Nanoha-esque Befriending, plus "I can't make a weapon with my energy! I'll just punch with it!" So Genjuurou really did teach her how to Hadoken.

Icarium

Validated User
I like to think of Symphogear as Nanoha if the 'Lyrical' in the title actually had meaning. :)

I think I prefer Nanoha a bit, but there are some stuff I like more in Symphogear. And Hibiki so reminds me of Subaru. They both have so much Gar. Not to mention the punching.

Last edited:

Wolfwood2

Validated User
With all the focus she's been getting, I'm sure something bad is going to happen to her soon. But I am also pretty sure that it will end up being part of an upgrade path. Heck, I am more than half expecting Kanade to come back to life this season.
The trouble with Chris is, what role does she have left to play in the story? She was last season's dark magical girl turned to the side of goodness by Hibiki's persistance and befriendings. Now they have new magical girls to befriend, and Chris has shown no signs of stepping forward to go "let me show you the lessons I've learned".

She doesn't even seem that close to Hibiki outside of magical girl activities, which is a shame.

Rabbit

Validated User
Ha! I would, too.
--

So the naked woman eletrco-torturing the girl who attacked Kanade and Hibiki was certainly something I watched. Yikes. Plus the doctor has super-powers? That's kind of neat. But mostly yikes.

You missed a really BIG clue concerning the defense minister's briefcase.

Last edited:

Ikselam

may one day be worthy of your grace
Validated User
The trouble with Chris is, what role does she have left to play in the story?[...]
She doesn't even seem that close to Hibiki outside of magical girl activities, which is a shame.
The obvious thing would be for her to actually make some NPC friends and acquire a reason for fighting beyond, "I am a pint-sized ball of rockets and curse words, and blowing shit up is how I manage my immense reservoir of white-hot rage."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom