• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

RPG.net's Bizarre Anime Thread: what a beautiful duwang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Red Data Girl #9 : Wait, THAT's the plot ? It's certainly an intriguing premise, and points for making the infodump creepy as fuck, but seriously there's no way to resolve this story properly in three episodes. I'd rather the series have moved faster early on, instead of spending 4 episodes dicking around with the triplets.

Last edited:

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User
Wait. Theres only 3 episodes left? Its just starting to get rolling. Reminds me of Maou Yuusha. Is this based on a light novel series too?

Wolfwood2

Validated User
Red Data Girl #9 : Wait, THAT's the plot ? It's certainly an intriguing premise, and points for making the infodump creepy as fuck, but seriously there's no way to resolve this story properly in three episodes. I'd rather the series have moved faster early on, instead of spending 4 episodes dicking around with the triplets.
So I bailed after episode 1. What's the plot that took nine episodes to develop?

Doom Gaze

Nowhere to be found.
Validated User
After this week's Gargantia, I now understand why last week's was so low-key.

Spoiler: Show
I'd finally forgotten about the Hidauze as a relevent threat, rather than part of Ledo's damage. A nice touch.

Pip

Citizen of Ireland
Validated User
After this week's Gargantia, I now understand why last week's was so low-key.

I'd finally forgotten about the Hidauze as a relevent threat, rather than part of Ledo's damage. A nice touch.
I suspect that that's just an ordinary Earth squid. Which is a 96% match for a Hideauze. Showing that the story that the Hideauze are aliens is a lie.

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So I bailed after episode 1. What's the plot that took nine episodes to develop?
The first few episodes tell us that Izumiko, as the female heir of her bloodline, is to be the next host of her mountain's (very powerful) goddess ; it's not particularly something she wants (fearing losing her sense of self), but her whole family and entourage are training and protecting her. As part of that, after a few episodes she's sent to a boarding school where everyone of any note seems to have mystical skills of some sort (we've just spent 4 episodes with her making friends with three siblings, one of whom is a ghost).

This episode, she gets possessed by the "goddess" for a long stretch and without restraint, and she explains to her teenage reluctant bodyguard/love-interest there's nothing particularly godly about her : she's actually one of Izumiko's descendants who somehow destroyed humanity in the future and is time-travelling back through her bloodline to find a way to prevent that. And she's already cycled several times through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom