[RPG]: Spires of Altdorf, reviewed by Joe_G_Kushner (4/3)

geelpete

Validated User
Game?

I assume this game is a supplement / adventure for Nobilis?

(sorry. I just want a new Nobilis product, and I couldn't tell what game this was for).

Wyvern76

Validated User
Re: Game?

Nikosandros said:
It's for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (2nd Edition).
I knew that only because I recognized the name Middenheim. I'm not familiar with Black Industries, I've never heard of the "Paths of the Damned" series, and there's only a couple of passing references to Warhammer in the review itself. It really would've been more informative if the "line" entry had listed WFRP instead of (or in addition to) "Paths of the Damned Book III".

Wyvern

Joe_G_Kushner

Validated User
In many ways, it sounds like this review, through no fault of your own, is not for you.

Black Industries is doing the RPG now. Green Ronin is doing the design work. Paths of the Damned is their new campaign arc consisting of three books. It would be unlikely, but not impossible, for someone who didn't know anything about Black Industries to pick up book III in a trilogy of adventurers.

Wyvern76

Validated User
Joe_G_Kushner said:
In many ways, it sounds like this review, through no fault of your own, is not for you.

Black Industries is doing the RPG now. Green Ronin is doing the design work. Paths of the Damned is their new campaign arc consisting of three books. It would be unlikely, but not impossible, for someone who didn't know anything about Black Industries to pick up book III in a trilogy of adventurers.
That's quite true. However, when I came to the RPGNet review page I knew none of that. Your one-line blurb piqued my curiosity, so I clicked on the link to find out what "Ashes" you were referring to. (I don't limit myself to reading only reviews of products I've already heard of.) I didn't bother to read the whole review since I could already guess that I wasn't likely to be interested in buying this product, but I did notice the lack of explicit indicators as to what game the product was intended for. For all I knew, "Paths of the Damned" could've been a d20 adventure series by a third-party publisher. As you can see, I wasn't the only person confused. My post was intended as constructive criticism.

Wyvern

capnzapp

Validated User
As another helpful tip: please don't call SoA "The third part of the Paths of the Damned" as you do in the "blurb" summary.

It is the second module in a series of three (you do say so in the review itself).

Yes, I know you can justify the numbering by including the introductory lead-in adventure of the main rulebook.

But ultimately that is more confusing than helpful.

capnzapp

Validated User
I came here to correct the misnomer "third part" (part 3 is Forges of Nuln) but I see someone has already been here :)

Top Bottom