• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

RPGnet Footie Thread II (includes BPL, Euro and World Cup Fantasy Leagues)

Hodden

The Great
Banned
Validated User
I'm putting this in a spoiler box as it's tangentially related to football and is very BBR.

Spoiler: Show

Holy shit, a story about one of Britain's worst paedophiles is even more fucked up than you could imagine.

Laminator_X

Validated User
Caught the France vs S. Korea match today. K. played hard, but they were no match for France's passing game.

Theron

The Best Legionnaire
Validated User
Caught the France vs S. Korea match today. K. played hard, but they were no match for France's passing game.
Or height differential.

Germany got by China, but I wasn't impressed. Spain did as expected on South Africa, even though I think the second penalty was a crap decision.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Woman's World Cup, the US team has kicked off!

They seem to be doing... pretty well against Thailand.

*edit*
Spoiler: Show
13-0!

Last edited:

Blizzardborn

Hiding in a snowdrift
Validated User
Yeah, Alex Morgan had five by herself. Really, what was the point of stoppage time at the end of that game?

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yeah, Alex Morgan had five by herself. Really, what was the point of stoppage time at the end of that game?
Just standard, really.

Goal differential being a thing in group I can understand why they didn't hold back.

Croquemitaine

Validated User
I have no problem with piling on the goals, you do have to keep playing, but after about 7-0, maybe you should tone down the celebrations.

Laminator_X

Validated User
I have no problem with piling on the goals, you do have to keep playing, but after about 7-0, maybe you should tone down the celebrations.
I'm not going to tell anyone she shouldn't celebrate her first World Cup goal, tying a scoring record, or setting a new one. It's not as though they were taunting the other team chanting "Scoreboard" or something. Frankly, I was impressed by their graciousness in victory:

Ravenfeeder

It's True. All of it.
Validated User
And now Rafa Benitez is leaving Newcastle. Predictable but still depressing. Can't us getting anyone better, or anyone who the players trust more. One very charitable take I saw said that he couldn't be offered a new contract because the prospective new owners will want their own man and won't want to stump up a vast redundancy payment. I'll beleive new owners when it happens, Ashley seems to have a habit of popping on an extra £50m when he thinks he has someone on the hook.

Last edited:
Top Bottom