• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

RPGnet Footie Thread II (includes BPL, Euro and World Cup Fantasy Leagues)

Blizzardborn

Hiding in a snowdrift
Validated User
Before the World Cup final, Rapinoe took time to rip FIFA for, well, everything.

Then they went and beat the Dutch 2-0 to claim the Women's World Cup

I guess the guys didn't feel like rising to the challenge, as they lost to Mexico, who now claim their record 8th CONCACAF Gold Cup.

Ascanius

Use the singular they!
Validated User
I'm not following soccer in any real way, but I recently "live" captioned two of the Women's World Cup games well after the fact, as my employer's the new captioning provider for Singtel and their Optus Sports offering here in Australia and we needed to test our setup.

At least when it's edited down to just gameplay itself, with no half-time chatter or attempts to talk to players on the sideline or anything, I can really see the appeal of the game. The games I captioned - the final, USA vs the Netherlands, and the first Group F match for Sweden and Chile - each had one commentator, and it was delightful to caption and interesting to watch, even knowing as I did exactly when the goals would be scored.

Motorskills

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm not following soccer in any real way, but I recently "live" captioned two of the Women's World Cup games well after the fact, as my employer's the new captioning provider for Singtel and their Optus Sports offering here in Australia and we needed to test our setup.

At least when it's edited down to just gameplay itself, with no half-time chatter or attempts to talk to players on the sideline or anything, I can really see the appeal of the game. The games I captioned - the final, USA vs the Netherlands, and the first Group F match for Sweden and Chile - each had one commentator, and it was delightful to caption and interesting to watch, even knowing as I did exactly when the goals would be scored.
That's really cool man. :)

Top Bottom