• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

RPGnet Masculine Beauty & General Anime Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaButler

Validated User
Re: Why are we still playing baseball?

I don't know if anybody else is watching Majestic Prince, but I'm not a big fan of the new theme or the new pilot that showed up in episode 13.

--- Post Updated ---

I don't know if anybody else is watching Majestic Prince, but I'm not a big fan of the new theme or the new pilot that showed up in episode 13.

braincraft

RPGnet Member
Banned

I have promised the wife that we'll watch the first episode of Free tomorrow :)
It's super, super gay. I don't mean that as a pejorative, I mean the homosexual tension is so thick you could spread it all over your bare, glistening chest.

Scholar and a Brutalman

Validated User

I only managed to watch the theme before I came into work but I agree with you on that much. A pity since I really liked the original OP.

Bafflement

Ruthless Sillographer
Validated User
Re: That's just not cricket

It's super, super gay. I don't mean that as a pejorative, I mean the homosexual tension is so thick you could spread it all over your bare, glistening chest.
Well, it's important to have some elements to mock. A fanservice show can't be considered truly successful until it's being mocked for being trashy and pandering.

Rand Brittain

Go on until you're stopped.
RPGnet Member
Banned
Validated User

Well, it's important to have some elements to mock. A fanservice show can't be considered truly successful until it's being mocked for being trashy and pandering.
I'm not sure if I have a good word for what Free! is doing insofar as it's combining pandering/appealing to a new demographic with good-natured trolling of its usual audience. Hussieservice?

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User

Well I finished Usagi Drop and I have to say I liked how it played it. It was a pretty nice first chapter. There was actually more Yukari in the final group of episodes than I expected. Still am surprised they didn't touch on Daichiki potentially dating Yukari though, even if it was just to have him turned down, or have it show Rin being unhappy about it or whatever.

Though despite already knowing where the manga stories goes (and I'll admit after watching Koi Kaze I am kind of curious to know how its treated) I guess that final bunch make me feel like in the anime version there would be a relationship or an attempt at one down the line.

Also started watching Kurenai. It seems I've a bit of a thing for stories of guys taking over the parenting duties of children. Watched this, Usagi Drop, Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! and Koi Kaze in the recent past. I think that is saying something abut me.

Last edited:

Ikselam

may one day be worthy of your grace
Validated User

It's super, super gay.
More like H2Osexual, amirite?

Judging solely from the first episode, it's looking pretty fun.

Also started watching Kurenai. It seems I've a bit of a thing for stories of guys taking over the parenting duties of children. Watched this, Usagi Jump, Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! and Koi Kaze in the recent past. I think that is saying something abut me.
Some time ago I came to the realization that one of the reasons I keep watching Pretty Cure is that I kind of want the main characters to be my daughters.

...Ideally not all at the same time.

FortMan

Viva Romanesco!
Validated User

Is that the one where the daughter of a Mafia kingpin has to date the son of Yakuza kingpin, or something along those lines?
Yeap. I like the manga, even if it's harem manga.

CaButler

Validated User

I believe one is the child of the chief of police.

But other than that, the only other harem member has no ties to organized crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom