RPGnet's Fighter's Group: Waku Waku 7

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
So I finally jumped into UNIST, and although I should know better, I'm gunning straight for Hilda because I can't get enough of all the tournament footage I've watched of her. There's just something really satisfying about being Ojousama Gilgamesh and leisurely juggling people with huge hitboxes. Also, her combos are pretty fun, there's a lot of double-tap buttons that just have a really cool effect, like her 2CC.

She did make me remap my controller, though; I'm still playing with a pad, because a cheap Logitech F310 works and costs less money than a stick, and I'm not ready to commit to a stick. So I moved B attacks to the right bumper so that I can hold the lynchpin properly. Now it comes down to drilling some combos I picked up from a primer. It's very satisfying when they land.

drkrash

Fighter
Validated User
I'm pleased that this game has been a surprise hit. I like the idea of an "anime fighter" that isn't a) BB or GG and b) not based on some light novel. For me, being a "story guy" instead of a competitive player, I think the story is pretty cool. I also like that I can get solid results from my mediocre efforts, which is not the case with me and BlazBlue.

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
Yeah; I really should go into the story mode more; I've finished the prologue and the first Orie chapter, and it's a neat setup so far. I also beat arcade mode with Hilda, which was an absolutely delightfully evil "bad ending".

Karanov

GAIA subsystem
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It's the sound of the heart beating against the forcefield that makes that fatality hilariously over the top.

This game is going to be soooo much fun.

Yes, I'm a horrible person. :p

Dawgstar

RPGnet Member
Validated User
If anybody's interested Injustice 1 and 2 are on sale really cheap on PSN. It's like $7 for the first one and $24 for 2.

Azaael

Have you the strength?
Validated User
New Dissidia NT character was announced at...FFXIV Fanfest, because it's the awesome villain from it's latest expansion:

They're having a livestream today that goes over all the details of his kit, but the gist of it is he's a behemoth of a dude who has three swords in a revolver sheathe he can swap between that do different things. He's a mix of his boss fight in game, as well as a bit of the Samurai class they adapted in. The main XIV dev helped the team adapt him in. He's apparently not going to be a beginner type of character, but they said anyone looking for someone with some deeper mechanics to them by the look would do well to check him out.

Dawgstar

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Playing Injustice 2 (do I have a main? Et, let's say Supergirl) I'm pleased at how casual friendly the controls are.

For some reason my d-pad is wonky when I play the game. It's like the controller keeps inputting 'up.' Doesn't happen on anything else. Weird.

Top Bottom