• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

RPGnet's Fighter's Group: Waku Waku 7

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
So, SamSho is getting the collection treatment:
https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/rpgnets-fighters-group-waku-waku-7.833075/
Newcomer, Darli Dagger, wasn’t the only Samurai Showdown-related announcement that SNK had at its PAX East panel this year, the developer also announced it will be releasing a collection of all the classic NeoGeo Samurai Shodown titles. These ports will be developed by Digital Eclipse, the same studio behind the development of the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection and the SNK 40th Anniversary Collection. The following titles are set to be included:
  • Samurai Shodown
  • Samurai Shodown II
  • Samurai Shodown III: Blades of Blood
  • Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa’s Revenge
  • Samurai Shodown V
  • Samurai Showdown V: Special
Each of the six games will have offline and online play, as well as a Museum Mode that will allow players to view artwork, listen to music, and learn about the history of these legendary games and their cast of characters, several of which will be returning for the new installment this June. Interestingly, players will also be able to sample each of the six titles in either their original Japanese form as well as their localized English versions, which should be an interesting treat for series purists.

Though no exact date was revealed, the collection is due out sometime this fall for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. More information will be released at a later date. We’ve also included the entire panel from PAX East 2019, entitled, “Samurai Shodown – Resurrecting A Legend,” below, which clocks in at a little over an hour long. Those wanting to see the Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection reveal should check in around 21 minutes and 10 seconds.
Well, that's another day one for me. I've got a bunch of these games scattered about from Humble Bundle and such, but this'll let me have something centralized.

Sark

Validated User
Dear SNK:
SamSho rpg or bust.
Bust then, I guess. That thing is staying good and buried as far as anyone can tell.

Which is, I guess, kinda fair enough - it's niche even by the standards of the series and would be far more expensive to port than the others (if they still even have the assets from it, which is not a given).

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User
Um, yeah. I'll be getting that too.

I'm highly amused that they've casually ignored that Sen existed.

MadCow

Master of all evil bovine
Validated User
Question: good ways on getting youtube subscribers? We'd like to get a custom URL for our channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJwl7gBHagiMaCYtl40z6cw
Hmm quite a bit to unpack there, but the gist of it is you need to look at 3 key things: how you market your channel, how you optimize or game the YouTube algorithm, and the quality of your content. The main idea is to get noticed, and then get people who notice you to stick.

Marketing your channel is to get noticed. At this early stage, at best you can start mentioning new videos in relevant communities, but tread carefully in a non-spammy way. Like if you've just played a game with another person, post the video in the related forum or social media group/page/etc "hey I just played game X with Y". I got lucky because my channel is a sports-related channel with mass participation, so anytime there is an event and I post a video, I immediately have an audience of the 100++ people who have participated in the event and are members of the Facebook group (along with all the other members who get to see what they were missing out of).

Of course, that depends a lot on community, but another thing you can do is have a look at your YouTube analytics on Discovery, and figure out what are the main sources that are driving traffic to your channel. Recommendations lists, playlists, external links from social media, keyword searches, etc -- find out which means provide the most attention, and spend more effort there (without neglecting the others).

Then there's gaming the YouTube algorithm to try and get your video listed as high as possible when people try to search for related content. This video offers some pretty excellent advice, but I also recommend looking at other videos by the same guy as that's the primary focus of his channel. On that same note, I took a look at your channel one thing that immediately stood out were the bland titles. Instead of plain "Aristeia 001" which doesn't tell me anything about the video, you need to get your audience interested. Why should I be watching the video? Have informative titles that want me to click to know more, e.g. "Aristeia: Where X destroys Y in epic battle" or "Aristeia: CharacterA does an oopsie and loses the plot!" or "Aristeia: Electric Boogaloo!". Okay, maybe not the third example, but you get the idea! :D

Finally quality of content. This is what makes people who have noticed your channel, subscribe and want to see more. Couple of things that I can offer some advice here.

- For the very long, steamed content from Twitch, I recommend offering a highlights reel. Not many people have 1++ hours to sit down and watch a YouTube video, you may want to offer a condensed version of maybe 10-20mins long where you cut the video down to the notable highlights, perhaps add extra value by providing commentary or insights and so on.

- You need to engage with your audience. I notice in the Risk of Sucking there is no engagement at all. The streamer is just focused on the game and not talking to the audience (or imaginary audience, if there isn't any). Comment on the current action, what he's thinking or trying to accomplish, or just comment on whatever is going on in the chat stream at the time, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom