• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

RPGnet's Fighter's Group: Waku Waku 7

slickam

Validated User
SNK announced in an investors meeting that they're planning to release a Neo Geo 2 and 3. They are not successors to the Neo Geo Mini. Unfortunately, that's abbout the extent of what they've announced so far.

They also said that Samurai Shodown already turned a profit, so that's a good sign for the series.

MadCow

Master of all evil bovine
Validated User
So... is anyone pre-ordering MK11 for the bonus Shao Kahn, or just gonna wait it out until reviews are out?

drkrash

Fighter
Validated User
Holy crap... Fight! 2nd Edition is almost 50% funded, and its only a few days in!
Yeah, I can't be unhappy about that. Thanks for any promotion any of y'all have done and please feel free to talk about it on other relevant sites you visit! :)

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
I'm hearing that Samurai Shodown is already profitable based on pre-orders, but I'm not hearing this from any reputable sites. I'm hoping its true though!

Also: https://www.siliconera.com/2019/04/11/samurai-shodown-director-on-blood-simplifying-controls-and-more/

Nice little read. Simplified controls? Yes please. I need my buttocks kicked for my old, pre-SFIV opinions on simplification being "dumbing down" rather than "we're over it, you're over it, no need for obtuse controls as a feature."

Also, supposedly SNK will be making more Neo Geo thingies as the Mini was popular. Which I'm curious to see what they do. Micro/retro consoles? It'll be a niche, but will it be a profitable one is the question...

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User
So that Capcom home arcade thing just got a bit complicated. Short version is that the emulator they have advertised it is using was released under a non-commercial license.

Top Bottom