• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

RPGnet's Fighter's Group: Waku Waku 7

MadCow

Master of all evil bovine
Validated User
The MK11 servers must be getting hammered right now. First time start, failed to download EULA, lol. Then going though the tutorial, getting some occasional server communication fails.

It's been quite a loooooong time since I last played an MK game, so there's a bunch of things I need to get used to, like how combos are very precise and formulaic rather than wing it as you go.

Edit (story mode spoiler):
Spoiler: Show
I love how, in the story mode, Cassie's first order of business is to spar with mommy for a promotion, and so they're kneecapping each other and blowing holes into each other's brains.

Last edited:

Catharsis Cat

Live Action Anime Girl
Validated User
Honestly I feel like I was over complicating things, so I made the tough choices to keep the list as lean as possible and then play other games if interest is there. The list so far:

Street Fighter Alpha 3
King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match
Darkstalkers 3 (w/ all chars)
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
Guilty Fear XX Accent Core + R
Samurai Shodown V Special
Capcom vs. Snk 2
Street Fighter III 3rd strike
Garou Mark of the Wolves
Last Blade 2
MVC 1 or 2 (can't decide, wanna lean towards 1)
Maybe 1 more game

Pretty much when representing a game in a series I am typically trying to pick something that shows the core essence of the gameplat-wise.

MadCow

Master of all evil bovine
Validated User
Ooh second the Soulblade or Soulcalibur suggestion. I have fond memories of Soulcalibur on the Dreamcast, playing against my colleagues at work during lunch hour or after work.

Dawgstar

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Okay, the towers are... not fun. I'd like to hope that NRS was mandated to do this, but who knows anymore. It's not like having faith in games companies ever pays off anyway.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Honestly I feel like I was over complicating things, so I made the tough choices to keep the list as lean as possible and then play other games if interest is there. The list so far:

Street Fighter Alpha 3
King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match
Darkstalkers 3 (w/ all chars)
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
Guilty Fear XX Accent Core + R
Samurai Shodown V Special
Capcom vs. Snk 2
Street Fighter III 3rd strike
Garou Mark of the Wolves
Last Blade 2
MVC 1 or 2 (can't decide, wanna lean towards 1)
Maybe 1 more game

Pretty much when representing a game in a series I am typically trying to pick something that shows the core essence of the gameplat-wise.
Hey, if you're gonna do Marvel vs. Capcom you gotta go with 2. As far as I'm concerned that's the definitive version.

It has Amingo init! and Sonson! and TWO Wolverines. Two!

drkrash

Fighter
Validated User
Yeah, I am not a fan of MvC3 or UMvC3 (even though I have played plenty of both) and I have avoided picking up MvCI because I heard it was dull (but I'm a completionist, so I'll buy it when it's, like, 15 bucks).

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
That's a nice list, Catharsis Cat Catharsis Cat !

How is Samsho V different than II? II is what the new one is being based off of from what I understand. From III on it was more combo focused, no?

Top Bottom