• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

RPGnet's Fighter's Group: Waku Waku 7

acksed

Validated User
In other news, I've been watching this YouTube series, and it's been absolutely phenomenal so far. The Weekend Warriors YouTube channel is doing a series where a fighting game veteran is walking a newbie through Fantasy Strike, and I am really enjoying watching the improvement you can see throughout the episodes. Brett is also an incredible example of a great teacher, calling out bad habits but also getting hype when his pupil learns things. (It's also a great way to get an understanding of the game, because they spend two episodes going over each character, so you get to see Brett explain the fundamentals of the character and also demonstrate things in actual matches.)
I watched that whole series. (I'm ill, so...) Let me tell you, I learned a hell of a lot about fighting game mechanics in general.

Dawgstar

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I could hear him now. "Dawgstar you get impatient and jump too much." Which is true.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Nope. Not as complicated as BlazBlue, but it's super complicated.
I once played through a story mode game of Blazblue,. and through the choices I made, I never had an actual fight. None. Just more cutscenes. I somehow managed to do a pacifist run of a fighting game.

I mean I like Blazblue, the characters are well designed, the mechanics unique, its certainly beautiful, but I think it marks the point Sammy started to disappear up its own ass in terms of story.

drkrash

Fighter
Validated User
I'm pretty sure that a couple games ago, all BlazBlue story modes were just light novels. So I don't think you chose "wrong." There were no fights to begin with.

Guilty Gear definitely did this with Xrd, but a) they told you upfront that it was just story and b) they made it a cel-shaded anime, which was a lot more engaging. Still, I could have done with a lot more action.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Well the thing is I played some of the other story modes of that game, and there were fights in them. But I just found one where there were no fights in it.

drkrash

Fighter
Validated User
Again, I'm trying to recall which BlazBlue I'm thinking of. The story modes were each a few hours long. Every character. But there was no fighting.

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User
So the MK11 Kombat Pack has been announced. Shang Tsung, Sindel, Nightwolf, Spawn, and two more guests to be named later. We also got a Shang Tsung trailer:
Clever way of handling his morphs, and that's an... interesting fatality.

Top Bottom