• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

RPGnet's Fighter's Group: Waku Waku 7

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User
My copy of Samurai Shodown arrived yesterday. I'm really distracted by Bloodstained right now, but I took a bit to do the tutorial and then figured I'd give Darli Dagger a shot in the gauntlet mode. Since I have no sense of the timing yet, not only did I lose the very first fight, I was outright killed. I think I'll finish off Bloodstained first and then come back to SamSho when I can put proper focus into it.

Also, I love how just in this thread there is enough love for the series that even though its been long dormant (does anyone even count Sen?) everybody is saying "I hope ____ makes it in" and every choice is perfectly valid.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Speaking "I hope X makes it":
Do you think is SS is popular enought we might get Last Blade crossover characters?

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User
Technically they take place in different time periods, so no. But its a video game so bring on Hibiki.

Hell, I'd be jazzed if the rumor/plea about Baiken was true.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Technically they take place in different time periods, so no. But its a video game so bring on Hibiki.
Last Blade is the tail end of Tokugawa (seeing how Shinseigumi are very prominent), but it's not like SS is aiming for historical verisimilitude.

dshaffer

Pervy Catgirl Fancier
Validated User
How does she play?

Is Wanfu in? I can't remember seeing him. Will check later. Then there's the question whether or not he's sword or pillar Wanfu.
She came in after my time with the franchise, so I couldnt tell you. Never really played her as none of the local machines had VI, and I was to broke to pick up any of the releases on it on console. I mostly only know about her because of all the artwork involving her.

Wan-Fu's in the first batch of DLC. Pillar version.

Also, I love how just in this thread there is enough love for the series that even though its been long dormant (does anyone even count Sen?) everybody is saying "I hope ____ makes it in" and every choice is perfectly valid.
Sen's in a wierd spot for me. The GAME was horrible, but I like many of the character designs it introduced, and I'd like to see them in better games.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
Also, Aggressors of Dark Combat is on W10. Do I dare...? It was supposed to be a bit awful, no?

Sark

Validated User
Also, Aggressors of Dark Combat is on W10. Do I dare...? It was supposed to be a bit awful, no?
It's pretty rough. There's some interesting bits to it (it plays kind of like a hybrid of your typical SNK fighter and a one-v-one version of Final Fight/Streets of Rage) but the execution really isn't there. Unless it's dirt cheap or you can forgive a lot for that idea I'd pass.

On the other hand, there's very few games hybridising those genres and not many that are well remembered, so its not like there's much competition for the spot.

Top Bottom