• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

RPGnet's Fighter's Group: Waku Waku 7

carvincustom

Social Justice Rogue
Validated User
Picked up Dragon Ball FighterZ in the Steam sale because I keep hearing it's the easiest fighting game to pick up from the current crop, and I've always been interested in the genre. Played the first bits of the story and two online fights with a Streamer's lobby, the people were very helpful in trying to teach me combos and blocking.

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User
I don't know him, so I don't know how to interpret that. If he's happy? Yes! If not... well, he's getting what he deserves.
Back when Skullgirls first came out it was rejected from Evo with the excuse that it was too new. At that point it was about 4 months old. I know that BlazBlue cross tag getting featured last year annoyed him because of that excuse. Now SamSho is headlining and it's considerably newer than that.

ADK is a strange game. I know how you feel about emulation, and with that in mind I would highly recommend you emulate the game first before committing to buying it.

Last edited:

drkrash

Fighter
Validated User
I sought out ADK for a long time and finally got it with the ADK Damashii compilation on PS4. It wasn't worth the wait. I've barely touched it. (That same compilation also had Ninja Master's, which felt like a poor man's SamSho and I spent a lot more time with that.)

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Last Blade is the tail end of Tokugawa (seeing how Shinseigumi are very prominent), but it's not like SS is aiming for historical verisimilitude.
Yeah, I mean one of the main villains is a giant Ninja from Texas, during a time period when Texas did not even exist in any form.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
Thanks for the input. I guess I'll pass on ADK for now (such a weird name... mirrors the developer's name: Alpha Denshi).

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User
(such a weird name... mirrors the developer's name: Alpha Denshi).
That was deliberate, along with an MK reference by swapping the C(orp) for a K. The Japanese name is Tsuukai GANGAN Koushinkyoku, or just GanGan to fans.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
While normally I figure I can get $8 of play out of any Neo Geo title, I'll have to find something more deserving. Such as... hrm... not sure. The W10 collection still pales to the PS4, but its still at a decent 84 titles. Wish they'd get Viewpoint up there, but that was a Sammy game IIRC. Or Bust-A-Move! Yeah! I'd play the hell out of that again :3

Side note: I'm trying out Teppen, the real-time card game from Capcom. Cenobite Cenobite was kind enough to give me a heads up on it, and my only complain so far is not enough Dan Hibiki. Glad I just got a new phone with a slightly larger screen...

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
I was hesitant about Teppen. can you give a review of it?

Not really. I'm below scrub tier for CCGs, I don't do well with being rushed (which means the RTS nature is tough on me), am still figuring the game out, and I'm still in the very early phases of the game so its probably more generous with the free to play aspects than it would be after I invested 20 hours or so into it.

I'm playing it on a Motorola Moto G6 and have it installed on a microSD card (A1 rated?), so my phone isn't particularly beefy or weak. The loading is a tad slow as a result I think. REALLY nice art, though.

There's a small selection of characters and colors (elemental affinities?), so I wouldn't necessarily think there's much variety yet. Which isn't inherently bad, but still, its something to think about.

There's some sort of "season pass" but I've not looked into it. I think its less than $10? The whole real money to in-game money isn't an easy conversion, which is normal for that sort of thing :/

I'd get it and try it, but don't think I'd spend money yet. I really liked Age of Sigmar Champions, dropped a fair bit of cash on it, got busy and lost interest. I'm not sure I'm suited to keeping up with CCGs.

Top Bottom