• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

RPGnet's Fighter's Group: Waku Waku 7

Ultimate Chicken

Social Justice Chicken
Validated User
Great, Akatsuki Blitzkampf needs to break out of its source material badly. Let's see if Perfecti the Anti-Nanoha (or if you prefer, the Tanya expy) manages to be one of the question marks.

Tardigrade

oso de agua
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Samurai Shodown full season 1 DLC list plus first tease of season 2. Also, KOF XV in development (and the crowd was LOUD!) :D
Basara! Okay, still want Genan, but he's my second choice. Genjuro is obvious for season 2. Could anybody make out the third and fourth in the season 2 teaser image?

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
Since i don't know anything about Lucia or where she's from? Hey, found a playthrough of Final Fight 3.

Ultimate Chicken

Social Justice Chicken
Validated User
Since i don't know anything about Lucia or where she's from? Hey, found a playthrough of Final Fight 3.
Guy and Haggar are the only regular protags in the series. Cody, Maki and Lucia are one-off. :D Extremely funny for Cody as there's a guy just like him in FF3.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
Interesting read.

So, as a Dan Hibiki fan I know this to be true. But as a Virtua Fighter fan, I have to wonder if that was one of the reasons VF never caught on mainstream like Tekken did? VF was always reknowned for balance, Tekken wasn't (but got better over time). But Tekken's joke characters were fun, and the "scrub" masher characters did get people to play...

Sark

Validated User
I'm not sure if it was balance so much as the overall style of VF (which, superficially at least, is kinda similar to peoples complaints about the new SamSho). To the initiated it was a complex back and forth of read and counter read. To the average viewer it was a slow, clunky game in which people traded footsies until someone fell down. It wasn't an easy introduction and didn't have the graphical or stylistic flair of a Tekken (or even a Toshinden).

Between that and its home versions being Sega consoles in an era where Sega was choking on its own vomit? No chance. The franchises intended to take more of the faster, visually spectacular approach didn't exactly prosper either.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
So, Lord Zed trailer for Battle of the Grid.

I love that he has Giant kaiju sized Goldar as a striker. Also that Putty finisher.

Same energy.

Kreuzritter

Validated User
adjusting the start of one of my favorite running gags from Ultimate Video Rumble 3

Chang Koehan was at ringside. The awesomely petite Korean, whom Shuma-Gorath had thought looked delicious a few minutes ago, had entered the RumbleDome quietly, apparently after robbing one of the hotel restaurants. She had carried a small charcoal grill to ringside, lit it, left, and returned shortly with, among various other things, a marinade pan and a few skewers. Her iron ball rode on her back.

Every time Shuma-Gorath looked at Chang, Chang licked her lips, rubbed his belly, and pointed a skewer at Shuma.

Shuma-Gorath consumed. That was what it did. The idea of being consumed itself, which seemed ridiculously likely, scared it. Then, the fact that it was scared, scared it all over again.

Top Bottom