• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

RPGnet's Fighter's Group: Waku Waku 7

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
adjusting the start of one of my favorite running gags from Ultimate Video Rumble 3

Chang Koehan was at ringside. The awesomely petite Korean, whom Shuma-Gorath had thought looked delicious a few minutes ago, had entered the RumbleDome quietly, apparently after robbing one of the hotel restaurants. She had carried a small charcoal grill to ringside, lit it, left, and returned shortly with, among various other things, a marinade pan and a few skewers. Her iron ball rode on her back.

Every time Shuma-Gorath looked at Chang, Chang licked her lips, rubbed his belly, and pointed a skewer at Shuma.

Shuma-Gorath consumed. That was what it did. The idea of being consumed itself, which seemed ridiculously likely, scared it. Then, the fact that it was scared, scared it all over again.
Oh my God I remember the UVR. It was one of my favorite fanfics ever.

I was on board to write UVR4, but it never happened.

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User
My regular GM has a new girlfriend. Today she told me that a friend of hers went to EVO with a rather nice Mai cosplay. Some asshole came up to her, scoffed, and said "Do you even play Street Fighter?"

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
My regular GM has a new girlfriend. Today she told me that a friend of hers went to EVO with a rather nice Mai cosplay. Some asshole came up to her, scoffed, and said "Do you even play Street Fighter?"
I'm sure the same asshole probably wonders why he can't get a date.

Also: her friend sounds awesome because SNK fandom is awesome :p

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
I do love a good self-own.

RE: that SamSho balance article, it will probably not come as a surprise that I found it to be pretty wack overall.
“I really just want more and more people to jump into the game, play it, bring as many playstyles as possible, and keep growing the community,” Kuroki concluded.
This statement really befuddled me, because like, if you want people to bring as many playstyles as possible, make more playstyles viable, balance-wise. When your attempts to avoid boring play (by making one character more powerful) result in half the Top 8 bringing that same character, I think that's a sign that they're not working.

Last edited:

drkrash

Fighter
Validated User
Sorry. Didn't read it! :)

As fighting games thrive on competitive play, I can see how this is an issue. As a story-driven, character-driven, mostly-solo player, not so much an issue.

And Genjuro is pretty cool.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
I think there's value in not strictly worshipping balance though. Be curious what would be considered "baseline" though.

Top Bottom